Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

superstition

Old 12-10-2009, 05:41 AM
Spike

Illini- i listen to that same song most of the time on my way to hunt. But I hate to hear it when i am on my way home with nothing after an all day hunt.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't do really anything, i'm not really superstitious. I still tell people good luck.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:45 AM
Fork Horn

I always wear the same hat bowhunting. If i don't have my hat i won't get a deer. before every opening day of gun season i load the magazine in my rifle and rack every shell in and out.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's not really a superstition, but I joke to myself about it. I usually wear two pairs of socks (wicking and wool). This offers a couple combination of which socks go on which foot. I never pay attention to what sock I put on what foot, but if I don't see anything I tell myself I must have put my socks on the wrong feet and if I get something I must have put them on right. If I see something but don't get anything I must have had one pair on right, but the other pair on wrong. I don't consider it a superstition because I don't pay attention when I put them on and take them off, I just joke about it after the fact.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Rev has a ice chest that is bad luck! Been many miles and never has anything other than dirty close come home in it.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:06 PM
Typical Buck

i thought about this after posting early, it just dawned on me, but i always tend to see a bear during archery season, it is always after i see the bear, not the same day, but later in the season i take a deer
Old 12-10-2009, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was an ice hockey goalie for a long time, and I always put my left pad on first, the one time I didn't I tore my mcl my miniscus and my aductor in my right knee.... So I always put my left boot on first now. I'd rather be safe. Lol. I'm an idiot I know.

Ryan.

Last edited by my7pointmonster; 12-10-2009 at 07:29 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Before every season I go to walmart and buy a new hat and a new hunting DVD. I watch the DVD throughout the week before season opener, and I wear that same hat, every single time I hunt the whole year.