Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

superstition

Old 12-09-2009, 10:08 AM
Typical Buck

Default superstition

Do you have some sort of ritual before or after a hunt for good luck ? Or use good luck charms ?

I put my bare hand to the ground, close my eyes and show my gratitude to mother nature and say thank you, when I have had a succesful hunt. This does not mean I need to have had a kill, a good sighting is just as good.
I all so do this when I have a spot of good luck....

Frank
Old 12-09-2009, 10:14 AM
Fork Horn

I turn my boxers inside out, put my hat on backwards, drink a pint of deer blood and scream "Holy Mother Mary Forgive Me for I know not what I do" just before I go tearing down threw the woods in a full sprint with a knife in my mouth and my bow on back!!!!
Old 12-09-2009, 11:01 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BvrHunter
I turn my boxers inside out, put my hat on backwards, drink a pint of deer blood and scream "Holy Mother Mary Forgive Me for I know not what I do" just before I go tearing down threw the woods in a full sprint with a knife in my mouth and my bow on back!!!!

Bvr and I cannot meet in the woods...police reports would cite both of us for doing the same thing!!!
Old 12-09-2009, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

My oldest son wants me to say 'bad luck' to you instead of good luck. It started in the 2006 season when I had told him good luck in the morning and he missed a deer. Going out that afternoon, I said good luck again, he laughed and said that did not help this morning, so I told him have bad luck then. He killed his first deer that evening and gets upset now if anyone tells him good luck and insists we tell him bad luck.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

For whatever reason but if I see a rabbit while driving to my spot, I always seem to at least see deer, so I am always "rabbit hunting" on the way to my stand.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I always bring an apple w/ me to the stand. when im done eating it, I rub the core up and down on the tree im in. technically i think it might be considered baiting,even though its too high for the deer to actually lick. anyway it works like charm
Old 12-09-2009, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

i always take my good luck charm....my bow lol
Old 12-09-2009, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I clean an use furniture polish on my deer mounts right before the season starts every year. Seems to work for me.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:31 PM
Spike

I hunt with a guy that listens to Fred Bear by the Nuge ever time he heads out. If nothing else its a kick ass song.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

I won't go out if I don't take my morning crap

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.