Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Bow Rest, Sight, Arrows for Hunting? >

Bow Rest, Sight, Arrows for Hunting?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bow Rest, Sight, Arrows for Hunting?

Old 12-15-2009, 08:09 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by MOhunter46
Thats why you go with a limbdriver, it never fails to get out of the way no matter how fast a bow is.
X2!!!!!!!!
Old 12-15-2009, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

IMO your arrows are more important than the rest and sight. They need to be the proper spine for your setup. It sounds like you don't even know what arrows you are shooting. If you can hit what you are aiming at with the rest/sight combo you have, then no reason to switch - other than brightness in the sight and accuracy from the rest. But, if you can see the pins and are accurate, then.......

No problem with going new on everything, but buy new arrows first.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:57 AM
Fork Horn

I did get new arrows as well, the Speed Pro Max SS 6.2gr/inch arrow .001 straightness.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:41 AM
G92
Fork Horn

if the rest and the sight work for ya use em.i use a biscuit and love it.i would get new arrows tho haha 5 years is a long time.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:37 AM
Spike

For me there's no better arrow rest on the market than the Limbdriver by VaporTrail. It's super easy to set up, and tune...and the result is phenominal arrow flight.

I prefer the Axcel Armortech HD. It's built like a tank, has super easy micro adjustments(including individual pins). This is "THE" bowhunting sight.

Arrows: I don't think you can go wong with anything in the Easton line. They make a shaft to fit every situation. I use the Easton Flatlines, and they have proven to be a really great shaft both for their performance and durability. The ACC's, FMJ's, and Axis Nano's are also great shafts I've used successfully.