Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
One of my bucks found dead!!! >

One of my bucks found dead!!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

One of my bucks found dead!!!

Old 12-08-2009, 10:59 AM
  #11  
Typical Buck
Thread Starter
 
sportsman22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NE & Western Wisconsin
Posts: 540
Default

I contacted both neighbors. Neither of them shot it. Only thing that sucks is there is managed forest land next to my property. Im assuming it wandered in there.

He was a 2.5, he had a lot of growing to do yet.
sportsman22 is offline  
Old 12-08-2009, 03:39 PM
  #12  
Typical Buck
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: RAYVILLE,LA.
Posts: 818
Default

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420 View Post
prolly the neighbors, ask around and return it to em.since they didnt give the effort to find it themselves...
You don't know what kind of effort went into whoever shot that buck put into finding it,and to a lot of people that would be one hell of a deer,all you super hunters need to stop judging people so quick.I guess whoever shot that buck doen't deserve to hunt because they made a poor shot,lord forbid that would ever happen to the likes of you.
treboryerf is offline  
Old 12-08-2009, 03:48 PM
  #13  
Nontypical Buck
 
IL-Cornfed 's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Fulton county IL USA
Posts: 4,271
Default

Yep, like ya said.... ya win some and ya lose some. Hate to see a potential trophy lost.
IL-Cornfed  is offline  
Old 12-08-2009, 03:49 PM
  #14  
Nontypical Buck
 
halfbakedi420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: central and east texas
Posts: 4,894
Default

Originally Posted by treboryerf View Post
You don't know what kind of effort went into whoever shot that buck put into finding it,
Originally Posted by treboryerf View Post



it was obviously a poor job at retrieving the deer because someone else found it



and to a lot of people that would be one hell of a deer,



thats a hella deer to me as well

all you super hunters need to stop judging people so quick.


i am not a super hunter, nor claim to be one


I guess whoever shot that buck doen't deserve to hunt because they made a poor shot,

well it aint my place to say they shouldnt, practice makes perfect


lord forbid that would ever happen to the likes of you.

i have made enough bad shots for both you and I....perhaps i will leave one in the woods someday..we will see

to each his own
halfbakedi420 is offline  
Old 12-08-2009, 03:54 PM
  #15  
Typical Buck
Thread Starter
 
sportsman22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NE & Western Wisconsin
Posts: 540
Default

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420 View Post
[u][i][b]


to each his own

half of the posts on this forum contains bashing of some sort. it is sad. but im used to it.
sportsman22 is offline  
Old 12-08-2009, 03:59 PM
  #16  
Typical Buck
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: RAYVILLE,LA.
Posts: 818
Default

Maybe someone else found it.but the way you say it one would assume they didn't even try,I have left one in the woods and I done evrything I could to find it and I hate it more than anyone,but don't tell me I didn't try,and as far as pratice goes,you hunt long enough and shoot at enough deer you will make a poor shot one day regardless of how much practice you put in.I just don't see the need for you to jump to conclusions about something without knowing all the details,just seems like there is always someone waiting to jump on somebody,I see it all the time here.
treboryerf is offline  
Old 12-08-2009, 04:21 PM
  #17  
Nontypical Buck
 
Pope94/IA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,583
Default

Whats up with all the freakin stuck up jerks on this forum nowadays? I just posted a thread about someone shooting a buck that I said was mine and I got my butt yelled at for saying "my buck was shot". Who gives a rats ass if we claimed it.

That sucks that the buck wasn't found by the guy who shot it. Gut shots are always a bi**** to track. It doesn't seem like it was that long ago because the yotes haven't gotten to it yet. Im sure the meat isn't good, so if I were you id cut the head off and make a nice looking euro mount. That is if none of your neighbors confess of shooting it.
Pope94/IA is offline  
Old 12-08-2009, 04:26 PM
  #18  
Typical Buck
Thread Starter
 
sportsman22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NE & Western Wisconsin
Posts: 540
Default

i cut the head off... making a nice euro mount for the hunting cabin.
sportsman22 is offline  
Old 12-08-2009, 05:04 PM
  #19  
Typical Buck
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 564
Default

Originally Posted by treboryerf View Post
You don't know what kind of effort went into whoever shot that buck put into finding it,and to a lot of people that would be one hell of a deer,all you super hunters need to stop judging people so quick.I guess whoever shot that buck doen't deserve to hunt because they made a poor shot,lord forbid that would ever happen to the likes of you.
Exactly. I remember my dad shooting a buck with a bow back when I was a kid. Dad was young then to and made some mistakes in trying to recover a less the ideally hit deer. However, we spent 6 guys spent 2 days looking for this deer. Grid searching and all. Rain storm ended the search. Grandpa found the deer the following weekend during gun season. Luckily for all the haters, my dad quit bowhunting after that as he was to down on himself. That was almost 25 years ago.
teedub31 is offline  
Old 12-08-2009, 05:08 PM
  #20  
Spike
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Barrie Ontario Canada
Posts: 68
Default

was this buck found on your property? if yes, would the other guy be considered a tresspasser for going on your land and retrieving it?


if you pass bucks up like that, lets see some ones your after WOW hes big lol
DVXDUDE is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.