Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
This "its brown its down" stuff is bull**** >

This "its brown its down" stuff is bull****

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

This "its brown its down" stuff is bull****

Old 12-08-2009, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DryForkSlayer
Yes it is a learning experience for him. Both I and IOWABUCKHUNTR never stated it was right to claim the deer, infact, IOWABUCKHUNTR stated it was incorrect and I was agreeing with him. Don't go putting claiming bucks on "many of those who hunt in the east"! Yes many tv shows do it and many people out east do it as well but, I'm willing to bet that there are plenty "back west" who do as well so don't try turning this into that kind of crap! I agree with the rest you posted.
Statistically I would say those who hunt back east (due to the fact that most hunt private lands, unlike most persons who hunt out west) are more inclined to "claim a buck". I apologize for making it sound like "all" eastern hunters do this because I know for a fact that is not true. But I do think that there are more back east who do that then those out west. And to prove my point how many people on this forum say, " i finally got him," or "3 years of passing him pays off." To say that those out west don't claim bucks I know is not true either, but I am simply saying based on statistics I would say MORE persons hunting out east are likely to "claim a buck" then those hunting out west.

that aside, Pope stick with those deer and good luck getting one soon!
Old 12-08-2009, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Pope94/IA

Opening day of shotgun season... went to breakfast at 6:00. Got to our spots at around 7:30. Already deer running in every which way with gun shots going off ALL the time. .

7:30 Why so late getting there? just asking
Old 12-08-2009, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Aahhhh, sounds like a typical midwest style deerhunting day!!! Sad but true!
Old 12-08-2009, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 125py
7:30 Why so late getting there? just asking
Im not really sure why. I would like to get out alot earlier like I do bowhunting but that doesn't go over to well with my group. We get breakfast at the town restraunt at 6:00 then meet at my grandparents house to get the game plan. And by then its around 7:00-7:30.

Jeeze the first page of replies were kinda harsh. Thanks to you guys who understand why im posting. Im just trying to vent a little. Im sure most of you guys have complained about another persons way of hunting.

Sure - my advice to the young hunter...if you don't like your neighbors shooting your deer..build a higher fence or go find yourself some public land...hike back a few miles and you won't have to worry about anybody shooting your deer!!!
You can't really find any public hunting in Iowa that somebody else doesn't hunt. Building a high fence isn't hunting in my opinion.
Everybody just ignore that I tried claiming that buck... I know its not my buck and anybody can shoot it. Many other bucks that I have gotten on trail camera were shot too.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have said the following in another thread but since you must have missed it I will repeat it here.

I like to hunt for big bucks too. And in that pursuit I pass on the small bucks on my land and try to wait for the older bucks. But that is purely a personal choice on my part. It is not the "Right" or "morally superior" reason to hunt. Hunting to put meat on the table is something that humans have done for thousands of years. It's the reason humans started hunting in the first place. And remains the primary reason most people still do it today.

The lust for big horns or the perception that killing a big buck is the most desirable outcome of a hunt is a relatively new concept. One pushed hard by the TV shows and outfitters of the hunting industry in this country. People that want you to "lust" for killing something with big horns bad enough to come pay anywhere from 3000 to 10,000 dollars for the honor. Gee, no wonder they promote big horns as the end all be all of hunting huh?

Last edited by Todd1700; 12-08-2009 at 05:32 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Pope, i think the main reason this thread ticked me off is because you live in IOWA! Theres more big bucks runnin around im sure. And theres bad hunters everywhere, its just the way it is. I know my post earlier was a bit harsh, but c'mon man, suck it up and hunt, just sayin.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Pope94/IA

You can't really find any public hunting in Iowa that somebody else doesn't hunt. Building a high fence isn't hunting in my opinion.
Everybody just ignore that I tried claiming that buck... I know its not my buck and anybody can shoot it. Many other bucks that I have gotten on trail camera were shot too.
There has got to be some NF or BLM or wildlife areas somewhere in Iowa?? If not, then try and do what you can to keep the deer on your side of the fence or learn there escape routes after the loggers go and shoot opening morning.