Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
This "its brown its down" stuff is bull**** >

This "its brown its down" stuff is bull****

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

This "its brown its down" stuff is bull****

Old 12-08-2009, 01:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

the tree huggers in wisconsin usually dont like hunting.... iowa must be different
LOL! That was my first thought too. If they are shooting at any deer they see then that sure doesn't sound like any tree huggers I ever met. LOL!

As for what other people shoot on their land. As long as it's a legal animal I'm sorry but it's really none of your business.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:06 AM
Dominant Buck

Thumbs down

You've got to be one of the biggest crybabies that's ever been on this forum. Unless you own the land you have zero say in what goes on there, and how you choose to hunt isn't mandatory for everyone else. Grow the hell up.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by blakefrautschi
the tree huggers in wisconsin usually dont like hunting.... iowa must be different

but really that sucks.. on our land we have some horrible neighbors as well.
Whoops, I dont think I made it clear. The people hunting it is from wisconsin. The people who own the land live here in Iowa and are tree huggers. The only reason they let people hunt is because the animals are ruining their prarie grass. And they even told us that face to face.

i think people should shoot the deer they want , i dont see whats so dangerous as long you make sure it has 4 legs and not 2
Shooting at deer isn't the dangerous part... Having 20-30 hunters in the same area shoooting is. You know bullets can richoche and sometimes you dont always know whats in front of you.

If I remember right you filled your buck tag early with a little one and could have shot your buck when you took the pics of him hunting does. Sounds like your own fault for not getting him. As for the tree huggers its your land on your side of the fence, do what you want with it. It's gun season what do you expect man. WCL
Little? My buck I got during season wasn't little. It wasn't a monster either but it was a pretty decent buck taken with a bow.
When I say the people hunting treehuggers are shooting little ones... I mean little 4-5 pointers. But if thats what they want to shoot then go ahead, but atleast they can make it a little more ethical then shooting into a circle of deer hoping to hit one of them.

LOL! That was my first thought too. If they are shooting at any deer they see then that sure doesn't sound like any tree huggers I ever met. LOL!

As for what other people shoot on their land. As long as it's a legal animal I'm sorry but it's really none of your business.
Its not their land. A couple ladies from the city own the land and they have no idea whats going on out there during the gun season. The people hunting it are people from differant counties and even states.
We were talking to the girls that own it one time when they were out burning and we were telling them about all the people we saw the previous year and they said they didn't even know those people were out there.

Im sorry I guess I also didn't make this clear either. Its not public land like owned by the county or state but its owned by a couple ladies who let anybody hunt it. Just as long as they call or email them and tell them when they are going out.

Kevin1, Im only a 14 year old kid so growing up might be a small problem with me.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

BOO frickin WOO. Thats life bud, things dont always go the way you want them. Get over it, geez.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:37 AM
Fork Horn

Pope94.... knowing that your only fourteen...first i give you alot of respect for standing up for what you feel is a potentially dangerous hunting environment. And no i don't agree with the hunting morals of some out there. But you are learning a tuff leason this year. Sometimes there is just nothing you can do. As frustrating as it can be at times, if they aren't breaking any laws, its there choice to hunt and shoot what they want and at times how they want. And even if they technically don't own the land, they have permission to be there and obviously the landowners(three old ladies) don't care enough about whats going to stop giving them permission. And of course you always have the option to make the landowners aware of whats going on if you feel its that dangerous and not just cause you don't agree with what they are doing. There is a big difference in the two. And as hard as it is sometimes to just sit back and do nothing, agian if no laws are being broken you really don't have a choice. Now I realize that you use this as away to vent, your frustrated with the situation and maybe you have a right to be. But everyone has a right to hunt the way they want to and thats just a cold hard fact. You don't have to like it. But your gonna have to except it. Not everyone is gonna hunt the way you do or the way you think they should, even if you are right, that makes no difference. Not trying to bring you down bud... hang in there and if you feel like its to the point where its getting to dangerous by all means stand up and say something, no one would fault you for that. Just my two cents
Old 12-08-2009, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Let me first start off by saying the deer in the picture is not your deer. Everyone has the same right and opportunity to shoot that deer. Being a bowhunter you had an advantage to harvest that deer. If someone else got him you should shake his hand and congratulate him, sounds like your jealous and as true sportsman there is no room for jealousy. Hunting takes skill and luck. Sometimes you get the luck and sometimes someone else does. Understanding this comes with maturity and confidence. If it's not your land you have no say and it isn't your place to criticize. Gun season it like that in many places. People have the right to shoot what ever deer is legal and makes them happy. Quit crying about it and start working to make your hunting better if you were not satisfied this year.

Think about "Turning Over a New Leaf" with you neighbors, become friends, see if you can help them out with the land for exclusive hunting rights or better yet lease it eventually. You are young and have plenty of time to convince people politely and get them on your side.

Last edited by LKNCHOPPERS; 12-08-2009 at 06:46 AM.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

im a meat hunter, i dont think i should just shoot does lol...the deer dont belong to anyone, til they kill it..then its theirs...

if he is indeed 14, then there is no reason to be hard on him, his feelers are hurt and he wants to vent to his friends, let him, its what we are all here for, ive done it, if ya haven't whined about somethin, you will....someday...just get past it all pope, now ya know...you probably weren't the only one watching that deer...and thats opening day tradition, to sound like a war, at least here it is...we alwaz wait(most the time) til after opening day and then go out during the middle of the week, basically like you said a bunch of people shooting is not safe, especially if you are down range from them, i dont know that our luck is better waitin, but its definitely safer!!!!
Old 12-08-2009, 07:27 AM
Spike

[QUOTE=Pope94/IA;3522714]haha... I didn't mean it that way. I know its Iowa... but do you really think people need to be shooting at anything that moves? Thats a easy way of shooting someone.
QUOTE]

1. Just because they are shooting a lot does NOT mean they are shooting at anything that moves. I hunt second season in Iowa, and we shoot any legal deer. But we ONLY shoot when it is a safe shot.

2. By constantly calling your neighbors names, you are coming off as the ignorant one in this situation.

3. Shotgun season in Iowa is typically done with deer drives. That typically leads to a lot of shooting. And the deer come right back to that land the next day, sometimes even that afternoon. We have driven the same piece of land twice in a day because the deer just circle back.

4. If they were able to kill your dream deer, maybe their method is better than yours?
Old 12-08-2009, 07:49 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Pope94/IA
They must have only been meat hunters.
I think thats a lot better than the other way around.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have also been in the same situation. I watched a 195" buck 2 years ago, and a 180" last year. I had them downrange with my bow, but I didn't work out. They were shot opening day of Gun 1. It happens. Use that compassion to better yourself for next year! Eventually, you could be the one that everyone else is jealous about!

Also, a lot of guys that use the "If it's brown it's down" theory, probably don't archery hunt. Gun season is probably their only season, so they are happy with anything. They have the right to shoot whatever. Just like you have the right to shoot whatever deer you want.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.