Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Spott Hogg

Old 12-09-2009, 10:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

One thing that hasn't been mentioned about the SH's is their customer service. I doubt you'll need it, but if you do, they'll stand by their product 100%.

For a hunting site, I like the fixed mount versus the dovetail. Its purely preference though. It's just one less thing that can come loose.

The Hoggs' are expensive, I will give you that. But, if you buy one and get ten years worth of flawless use, its a pretty good investment. I believe I'm going on 5 or 6 years on mine right now and not a bit of trouble with it other than a couple broken fibers.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:33 PM
Fork Horn

i really am having trouble making my mind up between the hogg it hunter and the hogg it. could u guys help me make my decision. Also is the hogg wrap necessary?
Old 12-11-2009, 04:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

You really can't wrong with either. It really depends on your tastes as far as being able to take the sight off easily or adjust it in or out to fit your peep. I personally went for the simpler Hunter model.

As for the wrap kit. I think I might buy one eventually, but have not had a single issue with the brightness of my pins. You might want to buy it without the wrap kit and see if they're bright enough for you. If not, you can always buy the wrap kit seperately later.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:12 PM
Fork Horn

Thumbs up

thanks man that was a lot of help