Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Lone Wolf Sit and Climb....history. >

Lone Wolf Sit and Climb....history.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lone Wolf Sit and Climb....history.

Old 12-08-2009, 06:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

I was seriously looking at getting the LW Sit & Climb this year and have been doing a lot of research. The reason I was looking at it was for how quiet it is and some adjustability advantages. After all of the research I've done I would need the following to get the stand to where I would be happy with it.

LW Sit and Climb
LW foot rails
Silencing material for contact points
Tape for climber section
Summit replacement seat
Padded shoulder straps

With the additional items needed I would be close to $500 for this stand and it still would not be the most comfortable stand out there. To me that is not acceptable when I can buy a Summit and the Summit silencing strips and get a stand just as quiet and more comfortable for more than $100 less.

My decision is made and now I'll have more money to dedicate to trail cameras.

I will say that if I hunted in areas where I had to pack my stand in a mile or two back through heavy brush I would trade that comfort for the added packability and lower profile of the LW. They are definitely well made stands, but you have to look at what your priorities are and go from there.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

HuntingBry, you're spot on. I bought into the hype of the LW. To get it to where I could sit 4-6 hrs at a clip, I had to add the footrests and Summit Seat. Thats close 70 dollars with shipping which would bring the stand total close to 500 as you said.

As I said before, being collapsable means nothing to me since I strap my pack and extra clothes on the stand anyway. Even if I'm packing a long distance, I still feel I can do it as easy with a Summit that weighs considerably less.

I didn't care how good I got with the LW, I could still unpack and be up the tree much quicker in a Summit. There is simply not much to screw around with on a Summit.

And you're right. The money you save can be used for other goodies.