Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Alligence/SWAT or AR >

Alligence/SWAT or AR

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Alligence/SWAT or AR

Old 12-05-2009, 06:39 AM
Typical Buck

Default Alligence/SWAT or AR

I have at present an 06 Allegience that I hunt with... I love this bow. Would buy another but Bowtech dropped it last year. I was looking thru the website and have narrowed my new bow down to the air raid or the SWAT. I am wanting a bow similar to the draw cycle, valley and back wall of the allegience. Can someone tell me which would be the best bet for a similar bow?? Thanks
Old 12-05-2009, 06:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by ElkNutz
I have at present an 06 Allegience that I hunt with... I love this bow. Would buy another but Bowtech dropped it last year. I was looking thru the website and have narrowed my new bow down to the air raid or the SWAT. I am wanting a bow similar to the draw cycle, valley and back wall of the allegience. Can someone tell me which would be the best bet for a similar bow?? Thanks
Having shot them all and owning an 06 Allegiance myself, I prefer the Air Raid.

Another option, before you purchase an Air Raid, you might want to shoot the Destroyers.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Elknutz,

I owned a 06 Ally and I agree that it is classic. Since then, I have owned a number of other bows (Hoyt, Elite, BT). Eventually, I bought an 82nd and I will be shooting this bow for a long time. I love the long ATA and it produces 295+ fps depsite my 27.5"/60 lb set-up. I would describe it is as an Ally with a longer ATA and a roller guard. I do not notice any lack of forgiveness (whatever that is...) in the bow.

You can buy an 08 or 09 (better string supressor) an archerytalk.com classifieds for a very reasonable price.

P.S. I am sure the destroyers are sweet too but I have not shot them so cannot compare them to your 06 Ally.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Love my Air Raid. The Destroyer 340 would likely suit you well also.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Little background: I loved the Allegiance so much I had the company make a special-edition for me to keep forever.

I was getting ready to order an Air Raid and have it dipped in my favorite Predator Fall Gray until I laid eyes on the Destroyer 340.