Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
This is why hate people.... >

This is why hate people....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

This is why hate people....

Old 12-05-2009, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, you're right remington girl. It was HIS fault for leaving a tree stand in the woods.

Give me a break.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by remington_girl
So you hate everybody because of one persons actions? Dont leave stuff for prying eyes your only going to have an invite sign for them to steal.
I can't find where he said that he hates everybody because of one butt wipes actions.

What kind of dumb statement is this? I sure hope that you never get your vehicle stolen out of your drive way or out of a parking lot while you are out shopping because you left an invite sign hanging on your window for them to steal it.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is why im reluctant to hunt the public land they opened this year that borders my property. My neighbor had a ladder stand stolen off of it right before rifle season. Ya, thieves suck!
Old 12-05-2009, 02:44 PM
Fork Horn

Sept 19, I went to my stand at 5 am. Started to climb up and got almost to the top and my stand buckled with me. WTH I thought, I went in with no light on, I got my thoughts collected, and got backdown and got my light out. low and behold somebody tried to steal my stand. They didnt get the stand but stole just my racket straps but didnt get my stand but I almost cost me more than my stand! Just some food for thought!!!! Think when you go to your stand to look at it before you get into it, it might cost you more than a deer.
Old 12-05-2009, 03:11 PM
Fork Horn

we have them stolen all the time around here in the expanded archery zones(which are in city limits) started buying hang ons and cheapo stick ladders just leave the ladder well away from the stand and worst case your out a ladder not the whole stand, one area i hunted was a common place for people to grow pot and they would try to get you out of there by stealing our stuff, well its funny there plants all died that year.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:07 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys thanks for your support. My stand was on my own PRIVATE PROPERTY, and in the middle of no where. It was only in the prying eyes of others, because others were looking. I no I should of had a lock and it and it makes me mad that I didn't, but I DON'T THINK I SHOULD HAVE TO DO THAT... That is all I am saying......

Last edited by markjenna; 12-05-2009 at 05:10 PM.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

sorry dude. I had mine taken last year. It sucks. A guy told me the other day he found one last year a 300 climer. He said he bought a ad in the paper. I asked if it was in green country where he was or sullivan county where we live. He said sullivan. I told him how would someone have seen it if they lived in the county it was in. He said no one called it was his. I asked why he took it and told him he was a theft.
Old 12-05-2009, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've lost count of how many stands I've had stolen, whoever suggested the cable and lock, yeah that just slows them down some. That's all.

Ryan.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:38 PM
Typical Buck

Someone stole my hang on stand and climbing sticks my first year of bow hunting.

Barbarians.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigbulls
What kind of dumb statement is this? I sure hope that you never get your vehicle stolen out of your drive way or out of a parking lot while you are out shopping because you left an invite sign hanging on your window for them to steal it.
No because I have an engine immobilizer, more fool the dumb ass for trying to break into it in the first place. It's also good that car crime isn't a big problem where I live.

Is there anything else you would like to know?

P.S the thread title clearly says "This is why I hate PEOPLE". Unless I'm reading a different language.

What it boils down to is you get scum bags that will steal hunting gear being on private property will not deter them. Thats why I do not leave any gear out on the 1000 acres I hunt on just incase. I don't take chances.

I hope you get it back.

Last edited by remington_girl; 12-06-2009 at 04:43 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.