Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
This is why hate people.... >

This is why hate people....

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

This is why hate people....

Old 12-06-2009, 06:30 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bigtim6656
..... A guy told me the other day he found one last year a 300 climer.....t.
Interesting. I wonder how someone "finds" a stand? I encounter them while scouting now and then, but if I see one I'll try to stay as far away as I can because I don't want to leave stink around someones set-up.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by remington_girl
So you hate everybody because of one persons actions? Dont leave stuff for prying eyes your only going to have an invite sign for them to steal.

Did the original poster say anything about "hating everyone"? Nope they sure did not. While I agree with you guys about not leaving your stuff out, I do not agree with you when you imply that it is markjenna's fault for getting their stuff stolen because they left their stuff out. It is like faulting a woman for getting raped because she wore a hot mini skirt at a bar. It is not their fault that other people are liars, cheats, thieves, and dishonest criminals. I have had 2 stands stolen in the past, and one of my hunting bags full of clothes. Never again will I leave things out for idiots to capitalize on in their pathetic lives.

I hunt public land and take my climber in and out every single hunt. I will never leave a stand in the woods ever again unless there is an emergency.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:28 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by virginiashadow
Did the original poster say anything about "hating everyone"? Nope they sure did not. While I agree with you guys about not leaving your stuff out, I do not agree with you when you imply that it is markjenna's fault for getting their stuff stolen because they left their stuff out. It is like faulting a woman for getting raped because she wore a hot mini skirt at a bar. It is not their fault that other people are liars, cheats, thieves, and dishonest criminals. I have had 2 stands stolen in the past, and one of my hunting bags full of clothes. Never again will I leave things out for idiots to capitalize on in their pathetic lives.

I hunt public land and take my climber in and out every single hunt. I will never leave a stand in the woods ever again unless there is an emergency.
Well... good analogy, lol. I agree with you though. My climbing sticks and hangon was stolen. Does that mean that I'm suppose to take down my hangons every hunt?
Old 12-06-2009, 07:30 AM
Typical Buck

Unless its public land. You should definitely not leave anything on pub land. I don't know about other states, but I think its against the rules here in Wisco.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:24 PM
Fork Horn

I had out tree stands this year and I lock them all to the tree. Two handons and one climber. You can get cheap cable combination locks or a little more expensive key cable locks. It gives me peace of mind and if they really want to steal them they have to work at it.

When your an honest person, it's hard to believe someone would steal someone elses property but it happens all the time. Lock-em up!!!
Old 12-06-2009, 12:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

No because I have an engine immobilizer, more fool the dumb ass for trying to break into it in the first place. It's also good that car crime isn't a big problem where I live.

Is there anything else you would like to know?
Well fine then, how about that expensive camera that you like to take pictures with? Ever leave that in your car? Keep it in your house? Ever sit it next to you while having lunch? Or how about something like your grill on your porch, lawn chairs, patio furniture, radio out of your car, T.V. out of your home, DVD player out of your home etc... etc... etc...

That's what's wrong with this world. Too many people ask the victim....

Why in the world did you leave your car parked on the street?
Why did you leave a treestand up on your own private property?
Why do you have an expensive TV in your house?
Why would you have such an expensive camera laying around in your house... It's just inviting people o break in and take it.
ETC... ETC... ETC...

Blame and convict the criminal and not ask why the victim leaves a treestand out on his PRIVATE PROPERTY. He left it out because it is his dang property and not theirs.

Last edited by bigbulls; 12-06-2009 at 09:01 PM.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thank you bigbulls. That was my point as well. The innocent person should not have to take responsibility for the nonsense these trashy criminals do.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:14 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by virginiashadow
Yep, me too. It's more of a pain, but it's the only way to have the piece of mind that your stuff remains yours. I've also learned that this is a good way to keep other hunters from learning about where you hunt so that they don't come in on top of you. I try to get in and out of the woods and hunt without any of the others' knowing where I am, or where I've been.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

That sucks. You should not have to worry about this stuff on your own property.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:30 PM
Fork Horn

I had a stand taken this year myself. That is just a chance the we all take when leaving a stand in the woods!! Unfortunatly not all people are good people.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.