Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Shot the Destroyer 340 Tonight. >

Shot the Destroyer 340 Tonight.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shot the Destroyer 340 Tonight.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Shot the Destroyer 340 Tonight.

I got to shoot the Destroyer 340 tonight for the first time and the word mirrors most, WOW!

29" 60lb Destroyer 340, 300 grain arrow shot 330 fps. My 82nd at 62 lbs, 316 grain arrow shoots 327 28.5" draw. The 350 would have been faster yet.

I was shocked at how smooth this draw was on such a speed bow. I cannot even fathom those that say there is a slight hump on this bow, this one had no hump. It rolled to the back wall as smooth as any bow I've ever drawn. Ever and that includes the 10 Bowtech and 10 Hoyts I've owned through the years all with all test fire bows I've shot including Darton, Martin, Mathews, Alpine, Bear whatever. The bow was every bit as quiet as the CP bows. I was standing back talking with the shop owners when her son was shooting the 340. I was roughly 5 yards behind them and never heard the bow but heard the arrows smack the target.

The shot was surprisingly dead. I say surprising because again, this IS a speed bow. I now gauge all bows off my CP line up. This 340 was every bit as dead as the Admiral. There was however a very slightly twinge if you will that lasted a split second and I'd doubt one would ever even notice it but it is because the bow is that dead. Is it the Flex Guard like some mentioned? I'm not sure as I really played with it and couldn't figure it out. I understand it's not in the 350 which is why I'm doubting the FLX Guard unless the 350 has a shorter one. I'll have to inquire.

I drew and let down the bow several times and it was very easy and smooth to let it down and I will admit to having that difficulty with my 82nd. As much as I love my 82nd, it may have to find a new home if I shoot the Destroyers as well. My only hope is that Bowtech uses the Destroyer technology in a longer ATA for target. It's a natural transition.

I've read a lot about the Destroyer decal on the limbs looking gaudy. However in person, The decaling on the limbs is almost non existent. They (limbs) are narrower than I suspected and thicker. The whole bow is built "tough". The other thing is the grip is much more narrow than I expected too. I love the 09 grip, the Destroyers are almost there. They are somewhere between that of the Air Raid and the 09 line but closer to the 09 line. Perfect for what I like in a bow grip. (Mirrors Hoyts).

For the sake knowing, I shot the Z7. Now I know ya'll call me biased or a fanboy etc... and although the Z7 shot very nice, the two don't compare. The 340 was quieter, calmer, more dead at the shot. The Z7 wanted to kick up, the 340, calm. I thought it but the shop owners son said what I was thinking and he's not a fanboy of any bow as they sell Mathews, Hoyt, Bowtech and a few others.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

PRICK!! :-) these destroyers sound awsome, what are u doing shooting a 300gr. Arrow? That's my weight arrow :-) I hope u have yours for late season so it can get broke in! I hope u can get down atleast 2 weekends
Old 12-05-2009, 04:09 AM
Bartender

Thanks for the review Rob I will be checking her out once it is available in my area.
What was the ATA and Brace Height?

T
Old 12-05-2009, 06:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by peakrut
Thanks for the review Rob I will be checking her out once it is available in my area.
What was the ATA and Brace Height?

T
Both bows, the 350 and 340 are 32 3/8" ATA.

The 350 has a 6" brace and the 340 a 7" brace.

They weigh in at (350) 3.9 lbs, and (340) 4.1 lbs.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:07 AM
Bartender

Thank You bro
Old 12-05-2009, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Destroyer has been getting consistently good reviews all over the place. Seems like Bowtech came up with another good one......kind of getting the itch to try one out.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Once again, a great review from a guy I trust. Thanks for the write up Rob and for telling me what I was already "afraid" of. I will be ordering a 340 shortly! Great write up as usual buddy.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:40 PM
Typical Buck

That bow looks awesome.

Sucks being a poor college student.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got to shoot the D350 yesterday Rob- I was very impressed as well- I posted a thread over on AT-here be the http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1079032
Old 12-06-2009, 04:25 AM
Fork Horn

I shot one today too Rob!!
340 @ 63 lbs, 377 grain lightspeed 28" draw, bare bow, no site, octane 12" and a whisker biscuit.
331 FPS!!!! HOly crap!!
So smooth so quiet! VERY easy draw!
i wants one....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.