Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Such a sad loss

Old 12-04-2009, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Such a sad loss

Well it's been almost a week already since we lost our 2 and half year old chocolate lab but the house still seems so empty at home. We still have our other dog which she is 5.5 years old but it just doesn't seem the same. Last Saturday a accident happened in my parents driveway while I was back home staying there for our gun season here in WI. She got ran over by a truck and I was actually in the truck when it happened but not driving and pulled her out from underneath it and she was already gone when I carried her in my arms.

We just really miss her alot and having a hard time with because she was so good with our 1 year old boy Dakota. She was always there to greet you and lick you in the face when you got home. I miss everything about her and I wish I could do something to bring her back.

She is the dog on the left on the 2nd pic.

I just wanted to talk to some of my hunting friends on here to get some help with our loss.

Lola, you will be loved forever and always in our hearts. We miss you!
Attached Thumbnails Such a sad loss-dscn0825_2.jpg   Such a sad loss-9424_588272846191_185004284_34598288_5709490_n.jpg  
Old 12-04-2009, 08:20 AM
Fork Horn

sorry for your loss, I could not imagine having that happen.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

What a tragedy, I feel for you. I lost my lab 10 years ago, had him from 8 weeks until I had to put him to sleep at the age of 13. Still think about him alot. When you truly love your dog, they are family members. I am sorry about your loss : (

Shane
Old 12-04-2009, 08:32 AM
Fork Horn

Sorry for loss as well. I know this is a bowhunting forum but you turned to the right place!!! Its never easy losing a family pet..... Sorry man... hang in there
Old 12-04-2009, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Condolences from here man. Can't imagine what I would do without my chocolate. Sorry for your loss.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:52 AM
Typical Buck

dude, i feel for you huge...losing a good dog, heck, any dog for that matter, is always tough...calendar next to the computer says "dogs are family" at the bottom...no doubt, that is true
Old 12-04-2009, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for all your thoughts. Very very much appreciated!