HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   New bow opinions please (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/311063-new-bow-opinions-please.html)

ozbowhunter 11-29-2009 07:32 AM

New bow opinions please

so this christmas on my usa visit im going to buy my self a new bow
heres what im looking at

matthews monster 7
matthews monster
matthews monster xlr8

so i guess you can tell at the moment im leaning towards a matthews so please give me your feelings and opinions and anything you have heard about the above bows and others that you think i may like
im going for these bows because i want to return to a twin caqm bow and like there setup so far
i use to have a darton maverick which was a great bow but i do not like the new darton setup looks as though they have gone backward about ten years in tech

so give it to me guys

ozbowhunter 11-29-2009 11:25 AM

beuller... beuller... beuller.. anyone anyone???? lol

halfbakedi420 11-29-2009 11:29 AM

i shot the monster and the reezen...both are good bows..and yes Mathews...cause you'll only need one bow fer life..i e the warranty is lifetime on limbs and paint,,

MOhunter46 11-29-2009 11:39 AM

Mathews does make a solid bow, but bows are too good now days to limit yourself to one company. I would try some other brands aswell and then decide.

Armybowhunter28 11-29-2009 02:30 PM

I own a DXT and I love shooting it, great bow.

ozbowhunter 11-30-2009 12:10 AM

i will try a few different bows while im over but still like the look and design of the monster series from matthews
does anyone know of any issues with the monster xlr8 regarding room between the riser and cables for rests?? looks close

LKNCHOPPERS 11-30-2009 02:20 PM

Take a look at the New Bowtech Destroyer and perhaps the Z7 by Mathews (Solocam). I wasn't crazy about the tough draw cycle on the Reezen or the fat Mathews grip. The Z7 has a thinner grip and the Bowtech Destroyer has a smaller grip. All seem to be good quick bows, you will have to see how each model feels in your hand and shoots. I havn't tried the Monster.

ozbowhunter 12-01-2009 11:09 AM

choppers thanks for the advice
but im done with solo cams just dont seem to work for me but i will look around can anyone tell me about rests to suit the monster bows? will a octane tripwire fit the xlr8 or the monster if not how about the limbdriver the cables look close on the xlr8

teedub31 12-01-2009 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by LKNCHOPPERS (Post 3515507)
Take a look at the New Bowtech Destroyer and perhaps the Z7 by Mathews (Solocam). I wasn't crazy about the tough draw cycle on the Reezen or the fat Mathews grip. The Z7 has a thinner grip and the Bowtech Destroyer has a smaller grip. All seem to be good quick bows, you will have to see how each model feels in your hand and shoots. I havn't tried the Monster.

I didn't like the draw cycle at all on the Monster.

treboryerf 12-01-2009 02:26 PM

If it was me i would go and shoot a bunch of different bows and see what you think of each and then make your choice based on which bow you felt shot the best and felt the best in your hands,most any bow from a top company will perform well.Good luck!