Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
New bow opinions please >

New bow opinions please

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New bow opinions please

Old 12-03-2009, 04:38 AM
Typical Buck

nice looking bows will look into them but still going to stay away from single cam bows for awhile
watched a couple of videos on youtube re the monster and it sounds quite
Old 12-03-2009, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oz, I just bought a Monster this week. Let me give you a few facts first. I got the 09' Monster 60 lb 28" draw. I have poundage set at 55 with a 415 grain arrow. 274 fps, not shabby at all. The draw cycle is a bit harsh, I agree. Its a speed bow they all are! My last 4 bows have been Mathews. The Monster, Drenalin, Outback, Q2. This is the best shooting bow IMO. Fast and accurate. It is not as smooth as the others, it isnt supposed to be. Duel cams never ever are. I agree with shoot them all, but know what you are after before you do. I like mine this much
Old 12-03-2009, 08:04 AM
Typical Buck

I have been curious about the Monsters too. I haven't went to a Mathews shop yet to shoot one but hope to, I just want to try one. I probably won't buy a Monster though I am leaning towards a Destroyer 340 or Captain.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by NTO
Check out the new Accomplice or Exceed 300 from Athens Archery. I am dealing them in my shop now and I get 2-3 calls for them a day. I switched shooting from Mathews to this company. Love it!

www.athensarchery.com
A buddy of mine deals Athens Bows from what I have heard they are awesome worth trying out for sure!
Old 12-03-2009, 05:43 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by teedub31
I didn't like the draw cycle at all on the Monster.
I agree, the draw cycle on the monster is awful... It is a really aggressive bow and their are many more bows out their that are much better even by Mattews.. My opinion would be to try the mattews DXT, Diamond Iceman, and the bowtech destroyer 340/350 I have shot and heard great things on all three bows... Stay away from the monster I haven't heard nothing good about it..
Old 12-13-2009, 05:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by ozbowhunter
hey dan
glad your still here
so why would the monster be your last choice need more info mate
I hated the Draw cycle and I have shot the 82nd for 2 years. It is Heavy! Recoil and vibration were not Bad, and speed was good but not much better than bows that draw and shoot much better IMHO. Shot the Z7 and it is what a Mathews should be Smooth but speed, grip, etc. are still lacking.

Dan
Old 12-13-2009, 05:43 AM
Fork Horn

Gotta throw this out there. I have a Darton as300 and love it.
Old 12-13-2009, 10:32 AM
Typical Buck

i have alwys shot darton bows but i really dont like there new bows theres nothing new and the tech on them looks about 10 years old
i then bought a diamond marquie but didnt like it much either as i have said in another thread i listed all the things i wanted in a bow and the monster ticked them all but i have to shot one first
the draw cycle on the earlier dartons where very hard and harsh so i guess thats one reason why im leaning towards the monster but we will see but as for the dartons when they get something that looks new i may look at them again
Old 12-13-2009, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

try many other brands, I'm a Mathews shooter I just got the Mathews Z7
Old 12-13-2009, 11:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

I just ordered up a Mathews Z7.... SWEET shooting bow...