Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Shot The 2010 BowTech Destroyer 350 Today!!! >

Shot The 2010 BowTech Destroyer 350 Today!!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shot The 2010 BowTech Destroyer 350 Today!!!

Old 11-25-2009, 04:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Shot The 2010 BowTech Destroyer 350 Today!!!

I made the trip to a local shop today because I wanted to look over, get my hands on, and shoot the Destroyer and I knew they had a 350 just for that purpose.

When I was handed the Bow I looked it over pretty close. A Sims stabilizer, a regular Hostage rest, D-Loop, Tru-peep, and a 3 pin sight adorned the bow. Not necessarily my choices but it would work well for what it was intended. I immediately noticed the Bow was a 70#er and 29" draw. It also looked to be bottomed out and I thought Ugh!! Too long a draw and 70# (I shoot 60#)

Buddy said the arrows were out in the range and told me to help myself as I had told him I had my own release. The Fit and finish on the bow was very Impressive, as good as I have seen on any bow. The Limbs truly are beautiful with the exposed laminations. These limbs will undoubtedly set a new Standard in compound limbs. No cost was spared as the Best materials were used in these limbs. Also impressive was the Flex roller guard, which moves just enough to do what it is intended to do. After shooting a half dozen arrows I decided to go see what the bow was scaling as I was sure it was not 70#, but a trip to the scale proved I was wrong and it was 70# on the button. Wow!! A 70# speed bow that was an inch too long and still felt relatively smooth! Unbelievable!!
Shooting the 350 for a while only impressed me more and I was grouping arrows very tightly with a bow that was Not setup for me and was an inch too long in draw and 10 more pounds than I am used to shooting. The Bow was very quick (BC said 29", 70#, 350 grain arrow, 341 fps) it was very quiet even in the enclosed shooting lane, and recoil & vibration were virtually nonexistent.
My 1st impressions of this Bow was Wow, Wow!! I really could not find anything that I did not like about this bow. I thought the 32 5/8" A to A would be something I might not like, but it held and shot like a longer Bow. BowTech has hit a Home Run with this Bow No Doubt!!

Now for the Bad part!! I have to wait for my 340 to come in. I probably will have a 350 on order very soon as well.

Dan
Old 11-25-2009, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dan
Any idea on what the price was? I know msrp is $899 but i thought dealer prices might be lower?
Old 11-26-2009, 04:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wayne,
I am not at liberty to discuss selling prices. MSRP is $949 but the shop I visited will be selling lower from what I was told.
The Destroyer retails for $100 more than the Captain & Sentinel did last year.

Believe me considering the fit, finish, engineering, and the Quality construction of the Limbs on the Destroyer that is a bargain.

Dan
Old 11-26-2009, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds good, can't wait to shoot one!
Old 11-26-2009, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the review Dan. My local shop expects to get a 60lb RH 350 in real shortly, I plan on making a trip to shoot it. They (and I) are still waiting on the LH 70 lb 340 for me. I am truly excited for this bow. I actually am saving my last doe tag to possibly break her in during the late season over my turnips.
Old 11-27-2009, 02:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ben,
Let me know your thoughts on the 60#er. I was really impressed!

Dan
Old 11-27-2009, 06:30 AM
Typical Buck

Well THANK YOU VERY FRIGGIN MUCH! Had my heart set on an air raid until I read this. Now I don't know.... I JUST DON'T KNOW!
Old 11-27-2009, 08:02 AM
Typical Buck

Default meanV

that's while they call him mean, I don't know what the V stands for............

I am coming over on honeymoon but I'm leaving with one in my suitcase

F.
Old 11-27-2009, 01:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds good Dan- What is the actual Flex Guard made of? Is it a composite material? Spring steel? My friend/dealer should have one in a few days, but I won't be able to make it up there for awhile.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Ben / PA
Thanks for the review Dan. My local shop expects to get a 60lb RH 350 in real shortly, I plan on making a trip to shoot it. They (and I) are still waiting on the LH 70 lb 340 for me. I am truly excited for this bow. I actually am saving my last doe tag to possibly break her in during the late season over my turnips.
I'm waiting on that same bow to come in so I can finally shoot it too. That or my 340, which ever comes first.

Great review Dan. It mirrors all the reviews I'm reading all over the web. Incredible, smooth, quiet, shock free and FAST! I'm reading that the fit and finish is incredible as well.

I'm anxious.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.