Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Shot The 2010 BowTech Destroyer 350 Today!!! >

Shot The 2010 BowTech Destroyer 350 Today!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shot The 2010 BowTech Destroyer 350 Today!!!

Old 11-28-2009, 04:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by JeffB
Sounds good Dan- What is the actual Flex Guard made of? Is it a composite material? Spring steel? My friend/dealer should have one in a few days, but I won't be able to make it up there for awhile.
Jeff,
Not sure what exact material they made the flex guard out of, but my guess would be a composite material that you could control the deflection rate on very accurately, but that's just a guess.

I also might mention that the grip on the Destroyer which is new feels very good, and should be well accepted by the majority of shooters. Nice and slim, with good square edges on the back.

That said, I may change mine anyway, but it will have more to do with personalizing the bow than anything else.

It's the Harley rider that comes out in me. I just have to make it mine!

Dan
Old 11-28-2009, 04:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MeanV2
Jeff,
Not sure what exact material they made the flex guard out of, but my guess would be a composite material that you could control the deflection rate on very accurately, but that's just a guess.

I also might mention that the grip on the Destroyer which is new feels very good, and should be well accepted by the majority of shooters. Nice and slim, with good square edges on the back.

That said, I may change mine anyway, but it will have more to do with personalizing the bow than anything else.

It's the Harley rider that comes out in me. I just have to make it mine!

Dan
Thanks Dan- I figured it would be like a "mini" limb (the flex guard)- fiberglass maybe...or a good percentage of it?? we shall see. Maybe they could get Barnesdale to make them?

Is the Destroyer grip square like the Ross Carnivore bows? (which Is a feel I do not like) or maybe more square like the Air Raid? (which I do care for)
Old 11-28-2009, 06:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

While the grip is all it's own. I would compare it more to the Air Raid than I would the Carnivore.
I think BowTech's New HardCore Limb will set a New Standard in limb design & construction, and I think the materials used in the Flex guard will not take near the stress the limbs will. I am sure they are up to the task at hand.

Not to take anything away from Barnsdale limbs as they are definitely in the top 3 in my Book.

Dan
Old 12-01-2009, 09:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here's a link to another review!

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1075284

I'm betting most reviews will be very favorable on the Destroyer.

Dan
Old 12-01-2009, 12:51 PM
Typical Buck

Default squared grip

Dan, when you're talking about the squared back of the grip, is it like the old tomkat's grip or the diamond's.
Cuz for me that's a big reason not to buy one.
I'll need to get my hands on one before I buy one, for sure.

Frank
Old 12-01-2009, 03:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by m9a9g9i9c
Dan, when you're talking about the squared back of the grip, is it like the old tomkat's grip or the diamond's.
Cuz for me that's a big reason not to buy one.
I'll need to get my hands on one before I buy one, for sure.

Frank
Nope it's different. Like I said I think the grip will be widely accepted.

Dan
Old 12-01-2009, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MeanV2

Not to take anything away from Barnsdale limbs as they are definitely in the top 3 in my Book.
Heh.. I was totally kidding- Just amused me to imagine a tiny little laminated barnsdale flexguard.