Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Deer Stand Safety Harness? >

Deer Stand Safety Harness?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Deer Stand Safety Harness?

Old 11-25-2009, 04:11 PM
Spike

Default Deer Stand Safety Harness?

I hung my stand and its about 12 feet off the ground. I was just wonderin what everybodies opinions on safety harnesses.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:03 PM
Typical Buck

My honest opinion... Don't be in a tree if you don't want to wear a harness.

There's NO EXCUSE to not wear one. Is your life worth the $80 that a nice one costs? Hell ALL stands come with free harnesses now. No reason to not wear one, it may save your life one day.
Old 11-26-2009, 06:26 AM
Spike

My honest opinion... Don't be in a tree if you don't want to wear a harness.

There's NO EXCUSE to not wear one. Is your life worth the $80 that a nice one costs? Hell ALL stands come with free harnesses now. No reason to not wear one, it may save your life one day.
........X2
Old 11-26-2009, 06:41 AM
Fork Horn

Default hunter safety system

vest is what I use. they are light and comfortable
Old 11-26-2009, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Safety Harness

Safety harnesses are a MUST whenever you are climbing a tree. I have the top of the line safety harness made by HUNTER SAFETY SYSTEMS, the only thing bad about it is that it is made of a mesh-like material and it tends to "snag" on anything and everything. They are very dependable and made with good craftsmanship though. Don't climb a tree without one.
Old 11-26-2009, 08:26 PM
Spike

Thanks guys you I'm convinced
Old 11-27-2009, 04:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like to use this analogy. People worry about dying and as such pay hundreds of dollars for life insurance knowing that they have to die to collect on. A safety harness costs a lot less, one time and done, and when and if needed may save your life to collect the benefits of. Duh!!!!!!!!!!

I have peronally gone and parked at my favorite hunting location, got into the back of my truck and realized my harness was still hanging at home. I either go home and get it or abort the hunt. The life I save may be my own. I'd like to live long enough for my family to collect on the life insurance.
Old 11-27-2009, 07:37 AM
Spike

got to have one on if you're going up in a tree....some tyoe of harness is a must......no excuses IMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-28-2009, 06:45 AM
Fork Horn

Even though you are only 12 ft off the ground, and probably feel like you are sitting on your tailgate while hunting, you should still wear the harness. If only because you might be sitting there, and have an owl try and land on you - personally I think when you hear about hunters falling out of their tree stand, weird stuff like that happens. I've had squirrels run over me (I jumped), owls almost land on me (I flinched), a tree limb fall almost on me (not that big), you get the idea.

I don't think hunters just fall out of tree stands, or fall asleep and fall out, some kind of event happens where the normal reaction is to jump, flinch, etc and that is when your harness saves your life. Or, a mechanical break down happens, or even worse, somebody sabotages your stand.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:11 AM
Fork Horn

Years ago I never wore a saftey harness. Now I realize how stupid I was. It doesn't take much to fall out of a tree. The money is well worth spending to protect you and your family. I never go in a tree any more without one on. The new harnesses are great. I own a hunter safety system and love it. It goes on in less than a minute.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.