Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Unreal Monster

Old 11-25-2009, 04:25 AM
Spike

i heard that this buck was a deer that was farm raised. i seen pics of this elsewhere and believe its a farm raised deer that had died.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by ggc1962
i heard that this buck was a deer that was farm raised. i seen pics of this elsewhere and believe its a farm raised deer that had died.
This I believe. I have serious doubts that this buck was free ranging. Someone, somewhere would have to have seen it and look at the body size. That deer looks to be no older than 3.5 at the oldest. It is very typical for farm raised deer to have huge headgear and small bodies.

As for the pic, it looks pretty legit. You can see the guy is using his legs to support the head and there looks to be something under its neck supporting that as well.

I'd certainly like to hear more about this deer even if it is farm raised. It is an incredible animal.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not an Illinois buck because of body size. Any Illinois deer with a set of antlers like that would be much larger in body. That's a southern deer body with a photo shop rack. (IMO)

I understand it is gutted.

Sorry to the hunters if I am incorrect. It would be a first. Haha.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks more like a texas deer with the body being that small. If that buck came from illinois the body size is comparable to most 2.5 year old bucks ive seen, and 2.5 year load deer dont get racks like that in the wild. I would say it is a pen raised deer.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

it looks like a real deer...when the deers' testes get "messed up", it will cause the deer not to shed its antlers and continue to grow every year, on top or below the last set...aka a cactus buck!
Old 11-25-2009, 09:46 AM
Fork Horn

body looks too small to be real... and its hard to tell where points on the rack are coming from..
Old 11-25-2009, 12:28 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by [email protected]
That deer has too small of a body or neck to support a rack like that! Dont you think it would be an older more developed deer if it were real.
that is my first thoughts..

Even odder is that ppl havent seen this pic before. Normally by now that deer would have been killed in 7 different states by someones 'cousins, sisters, half brother'... lol

Brian
Old 11-26-2009, 05:19 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BrentH243
That looks like Alan Trammell and Jake Delhomme! Something isn't right with this picture...I'd have to assume the mass on those antlers make it weigh a ridiculous amount, making it too hard to hold upright without leaning the antlers on your body and making it look as effortlessly as this guy is doing.

LOL @ Tram & Del, it does doesnt it! *shake my head*
Old 11-26-2009, 05:41 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
it looks like a real deer...when the deers' testes get "messed up", it will cause the deer not to shed its antlers and continue to grow every year, on top or below the last set...aka a cactus buck!
the Problem with that theory is that I can only see onset of main beams on this deer. Oall of the extra junk seems to originate from those 2 beams indicating that it was one years worth of growth aided with growth hormones and steroids in a farm.
Old 11-26-2009, 04:42 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE:

A fake and a very poor one. The two guys are not in the picture with the deer, nor is the deers head or antlers. Photoshop.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.