Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Iowa Buck Tag Filled >

Iowa Buck Tag Filled

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Iowa Buck Tag Filled

Old 11-23-2009, 03:52 PM
Spike

Default Iowa Buck Tag Filled

Shot this buck November 5th in Guthrie County Iowa. He is nice wide clean ten pointer. Gross green scored 159" I had watched him scent checking does in a small woodlot for two days and I decided to go in one day midmorning after his group of does moved on and hang a stand. I finished up and took a seat hoping to see him come back later that evening. Sure enough he showed up and the rest is history. The woodlot is only about five acres in size and is surrounded by two heavily traveled roads and a public golf course on the other side. It is connected by a funnel on the remaining side that is attached to 100 acres of woods. Perfect setup to catch him while he was looking for love!
Attached Thumbnails Iowa Buck Tag Filled-img_0547_1_0006.jpg   Iowa Buck Tag Filled-img_0549_0001.jpg  

Last edited by jeffreyls; 11-23-2009 at 04:06 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:53 PM
Spike

Nice buck
congrats
Old 11-23-2009, 06:07 PM
Typical Buck

great buck, nice and tall!!! what was the spread? Congrats!!
Old 11-23-2009, 06:07 PM
Typical Buck

thats a great buck!
Old 11-24-2009, 04:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great buck!!!!! Good job!!!!!
Old 11-24-2009, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck! Congrats!
Old 11-24-2009, 07:20 AM
Fork Horn

Nice buck...but 159" seems kinda big just by looking at the pics...JMO I could be wrong....congratsulations....IA
Old 11-24-2009, 10:13 AM
Spike

Default Rack Score

There is always one like IowaWhitetails....to bad since we both call the same state home! FYI...I just taped him using boone and crockett scoring and he nets 153" so yep you sure were right my prior guess of 159" green score was a little off. It's okay I see in a prior post from two weeks ago you had already admitted guessing was not something you were good at. Better luck next year as it seems you might have little man issues. 90% of all bow hunters would be happy with your 130" deer you shot or the one I shot so next time refrain from your, " just my opinion." FYI....thats just my opinion.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:07 AM
Spike

Ouch, smackdown! Nice buck man, a beauty for sure!
Old 11-24-2009, 01:11 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by jeffreyls
There is always one like IowaWhitetails....to bad since we both call the same state home! FYI...I just taped him using boone and crockett scoring and he nets 153" so yep you sure were right my prior guess of 159" green score was a little off. It's okay I see in a prior post from two weeks ago you had already admitted guessing was not something you were good at. Better luck next year as it seems you might have little man issues. 90% of all bow hunters would be happy with your 130" deer you shot or the one I shot so next time refrain from your, " just my opinion." FYI....thats just my opinion.
Wow didnt know I hit your sweet spot...Im not all that great at guessing I usually guess them HIGH.....I just know it takes alot too have a 160" deer and your picks dont justify that...Id tape it again since it just dropped 6 inches....Like I said in the earlier post nice deer, congrats, I could be wrong, and your right I would be happy with that deer, by no means.... J......M......O..........IA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.