HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Buck and doe down. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/310472-buck-doe-down.html)

burniegoeasily 11-22-2009 06:18 AM

Buck and doe down.

I had plans on going out to my land and spend all day Sat. hunting. But of course, things never go as planned. Fri. night I get a call that there is a clogged line at the church, so that kills Sat. morning hunt. Sat. morning I spend most of it digging up a sewer line. Get done around 2:00. Way to late to head to my land, which is over an hour away. So I decide to go to the river about 1 mile from my house and hunt the public land. Usually ok for hogs, but not all that good for deer. I get cleaned up, head out. I set up on a bluff over looking a heavily used trail. At around 4:00 I have a doe come in. So of course I have to send an arrow her way. She runs about 30 yards and piles up in plan site. I still plan to give her about 10-20 min, when out down the trail I see a buck with his nose to the trail following the does sent. So when he walks in range, I give him and arrow as well. He jumps, spins twice and drops on the spot. I can easily see he is done, so I go down and recover them and head home before dark. He was a big bodied 8 point that had been doing some serious fighting. Every tine on his rack was broke off.

I forgot to take pics of the doe, other than in the back of the truck for the ride home.

Sorry about the pics. all I had was a phone.

And for the ride to the gutting spot.

And the great thing about this, this is a bonus buck. I shot him in Knox county, which is a two buck county. My land is in Kent county, which is a one buck county, so I still have one more buck to harvest. Three does and one buck left. The deer god were smiling on me yesterday. Ill take this over a hog.

PastorJim08 11-22-2009 08:57 AM

We just never know what the deer gods have in store for us. Congrats on the double!

Blessings.....Pastorjim

AK NIMROD 11-22-2009 09:37 AM

WTG CONGRATS YOU ARE LUCKY WITH BONUS BUCK here in Alaska regs are such you kill one in 2,3,4,5, bag limit area you can not take one in a one animal area if you have taken one any where in the state.

virginiashadow 11-22-2009 09:48 AM

Burnie, great job! I am very happy for you.

RLoving1 11-22-2009 11:52 AM

Well now if we can just give Bob lessons on harvesting.I'm 1 Texas buck and 1 Okie buck and doe so I am still on the prowl! Bet theres lots of pressure on the river near home?Now you need a small hog for sausage fixings!

hardcorehunter 11-23-2009 07:30 AM

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Western MA Hunter 11-23-2009 09:32 AM

nice work... congrats..

mossberghunter93 11-23-2009 09:51 AM

nice!!! 2 in one day!!!

darkarrow 11-23-2009 11:58 AM

Bernie
Nice buck. If you do not mind me asking, what kind of bow is that on the ground? or is that a log next to the deer. I cannot tell from the picture.

Thank you
Derk.

Brett/IL 11-23-2009 02:31 PM

Congrats on a great double with traditional gear!