HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Wasted Afternoon Hunt (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/310159-wasted-afternoon-hunt.html)

JakeInMa 11-18-2009 01:07 PM

Wasted Afternoon Hunt

My daughter and I went out this afternoon and I hung a stand for her to sit in for my afternoon bow hunt. From 3:15 p.m. until 4:30 p.m., the kid who lives near where I hunt decided that it would be a great time for him and his buddy to do some clay pigeon shooting! The gun shots were ringing through the woods like it was right where I was sitting!

The reason I'm so pissed off is because these kids hunt and they saw my truck parked so they knew I was hunting near where they were shooting.

Man am I pissed off!

StraightArrowNY 11-18-2009 03:32 PM

First off.... Relax..

Second.... That sucks that you wasted a hunt with your daughter. Go talk to the "kids"..... Work it out. Your willingness to approach them on the situation may discourage them from doing it again in the future. Obviously, you can't force them to stop them from shooting clay pigeons on their property.... But you can let them know that you don't like it.

Lastly, there's no such thing as a "wasted" hunt with your daughter. Great job on getting her involved!

I can only hope that if I have a daughter some day that she will want to hunt with me. Don't lose sight of what matters.

Again, nice job on a great hunt.

JakeInMa 11-19-2009 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by StraightArrowNY (Post 3506591)
First off.... Relax..

Second.... That sucks that you wasted a hunt with your daughter. Go talk to the "kids"..... Work it out. Your willingness to approach them on the situation may discourage them from doing it again in the future. Obviously, you can't force them to stop them from shooting clay pigeons on their property.... But you can let them know that you don't like it.

Lastly, there's no such thing as a "wasted" hunt with your daughter. Great job on getting her involved!

I can only hope that if I have a daughter some day that she will want to hunt with me. Don't lose sight of what matters.

Again, nice job on a great hunt.

Don't get me wrong, the time spent in the stands together were priceless. It was just very irritating. The season hasn't been very good to begin with and this particular stand site is my "go to" stand.

I did go and talk to them afterwards. I chalk it up to inexperience and their young age. There will come a day (if they continue to hunt) when they will be sitting in my shoes and will understand where I'm coming from.

Maybe my son and I will have better luck this afternoon.

BvrHunter 11-19-2009 07:54 AM

yeah unfortunately things like this happen from time to time... be the bigger man and just ask them politely to be a little more aware of there shooting area, not only cause so they don't mess up someones hunt but also as a safety factor!

Jordan Bozarth 11-19-2009 08:09 AM

Last year i was hunting on my property line and on the other side people were having a dove shoot.. Verry iratating... But that was also the day i passed up 13 different bucks and shot the biggest one of my bowhunting life... A very nice 8 in full velvet..
So u never know what will happen