HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Nov 17th IL Buck (public land) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/310092-nov-17th-il-buck-public-land.html)

solocamcan 11-17-2009 07:58 PM

Nov 17th IL Buck (public land)

This isnt the biggest deer in the woods, but I loved his browtines and his dark horns. I had been hunting a spot 200 yards from a hiking trail and seen 2 decent deer walk down it on previous sits, so tonight I decided to move my climber right on this hiking trail. At 2:30 I was really thinking about saying screw it because it started to downpour and 25 mph winds to go with it. After about 10 min. of that it started to let up so I stayed put, at 3pm I see a big doe come into the woods off of the powerline clearing, which is briars and saplings and tall grasses, she is heading in behind me, and yup, she winded me. She never blew, just jumped 3 times backs towards the power lines, then I see this guy trotting down the hiking trail looking for her. I put my 20 yard pin on him and hit my release....ut oh....my string caught my fleece face mask and caused my arrow to kick left really bad, I see my arrowm buried to the fletchings like a liver shot...Now I am worried because of the rain. I see the deer go down a hill into a creek bottom and he stops and his entire rear left leg is covered in blood....kinda strange for a liver shot. I wait 30 min. then decide to go mark the last spot I seen him, the last spot I seen him is where he fell over. Somehow, someway I took out his liver and that main artery in his rear leg, he bleed like no double lung deer Ive ever shot, it was amazing the blood trail that left...not recomended to hit them there though, just plain and simple got lucky tonight. He is a 8 pointer with pretty good mass and decent spread. To make it even sweeter, it was a year ago today that I took my biggest buck ever from this same public ground, so I named this guy The "Dejavu" Buck.

fingerz42 11-17-2009 08:00 PM

Nice job solocam.. Hell of a deer.

jtl60047 11-17-2009 08:15 PM

Great hunt solo!

Are you in Champaign Co.?

JTL

solocamcan 11-17-2009 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by jtl60047 (Post 3505878)
Great hunt solo!

Are you in Champaign Co.?

JTL

Yes Sir I am.

2 Lunger 11-17-2009 08:22 PM

Nice job again, Dennis! Nothing wrong with that buck at all. You've been getting it done these last two seasons.

solocamcan 11-17-2009 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by 2 Lunger (Post 3505884)
Nice job again, Dennis! Nothing wrong with that buck at all. You've been getting it done these last two seasons.

Thanks man....his lack of G3's really hurt his score, hell he might as well big a giant 6 pointer, his G3's are only like an 1" or 1.5" but I like him, he looks like a Canada deer...except 100" smaller...LOL

2 Lunger 11-17-2009 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by solocamcan (Post 3505890)
Thanks man....his lack of G3's really hurt his score, hell he might as well big a giant 6 pointer, his G3's are only like an 1" or 1.5" but I like him, he looks like a Canada deer...except 100" smaller...LOL

Ha Ha! He sure is dark horned. Public land at that. That doubles the score in my book!

jeep4x4greg 11-17-2009 08:45 PM

Very Nice!

never see them like that on the public land I hunt... took much pressure!

YooperMike 11-18-2009 04:43 AM

Great buck, and he does look canadian. Nasty day yesterday, I give you credit for sitting out there in that garbage weather.

MrGuitar 11-18-2009 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by YooperMike (Post 3506008)
Great buck, and he does look canadian. Nasty day yesterday, I give you credit for sitting out there in that garbage weather.

x2. Its been crappy and all the fields are flooded.