Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Lone Wolf Guys...ever have this happen? >

Lone Wolf Guys...ever have this happen?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lone Wolf Guys...ever have this happen?

Old 11-18-2009, 08:54 AM
Spike

Default Check it out...

Not to make things any more confusing - check this brand out:

https://www.equalizertreestands.com/

I have a Summit Mini Viper (love it) - I used this one also and there are 2 features I love. 1) the leveling adjustability 2) the lock down straps. Rock soild once those are cinched down. No Shifting....

Iowa.Bowhunter
Old 11-18-2009, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am really not sure but I can measure mine for you. Where would you want me to measure it?

Originally Posted by muzzyman88
LNKChoppers, I have a question about the wide top section. By the looks of the pics of it, is it also longer? Meaning does it extend out from the tree further than the standard?
Old 11-18-2009, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

LNKChoppers, I would really appreciate that. Thank you.

Its kind of hard to explain but here goes.

If you could measure from the back of the frame (closest to tree) to the front of the frame (where the climbing bar bolts on) that would give me a good idea if it is in fact longer.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, those equalizers look really well built. I like the looks of those, I'd like to test one of those out.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:59 PM
Fork Horn

I'll start w/ a little disclaimer..... I don't own any LW stands, nor do I hunt from any climbing treestands.

OK, before you go buy any other parts from LW, I would contact them with your issue. They may or may not help you out. But at least you can say you tried.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:24 PM
Dominant Buck

Probably been up in mine 170+times, now. Never had that happen.

I'd think Ed's "fix" will take care of this "issue".
Old 11-18-2009, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator

Muzzy, I've climbed with the LW sitnclimbs off and on for 7-8 years now and have NEVER felt unstable one time. Compared to the Summit I tried out a few years ago I feel much more secure in my Lone Wolf. The Summit scared the bejesus out of me. You gotta make sure the belt is at least halfway at the angle it should be. Also tried an Equalizer..........its also a very good stand.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

The thing is guys...I really, really want to love this stand. The way it shifted on me that day has me very uncomfortable about it now.

Not to mention it comes in 3lbs heavier and is smaller than my Summit.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ive had some of the same issues, I fought the seat slipping. Finially after talking to Gander Moutain they told me to bugi cord the seat to the tree. I can not figure out how to get the seat comfy. Now that beeing said. I bought it for packability and noise. It rocks for that. For all day sits I will take my Loggy stands in a heartbeat. Just to much work the location and way I hunt. Just looked in my notes on Nov 4 I moved 5 times due to wind. That would be a real pain with a hang on or noisy climber.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've never had the seat slip. I really like the way the seat locks down to the platform. Of course this does no good if the platform can rock from side to side.

I actually just got rid of my Summit because I made up my mind a while ago to use the LW exclusively this season and learn to like it. Now I'm regretting it somewhat honestly.

That Summit, a Cobra X4 with the climbing bar removed was actually 3lbs lighter than the LW by my scale. It was roomier and much more comfortable. I could climb with that stand very quietly after years of using it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.