Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
I shot myself with a muzzy >

I shot myself with a muzzy

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I shot myself with a muzzy

Old 11-11-2009, 01:06 PM
Spike

Default I shot myself with a muzzy

tuning my bow today, I shot a few broadheads at my target. One particular shot, I pulled the trigger on the release and I instantly had pain in my left index finger. I dropped my bow. I looked at my finger and it was gushing blood. Apparently one of the blades on my muzzy came in contact with my index finger and gave me about an inch long cut down the side of my finger. It bled for a long time. Am I just retarded or has this happened to anyone else?

Last edited by MrGuitar; 11-11-2009 at 01:56 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

If your hand is gripping the bow, I can't see how your index finger could get that near your blades. I have cut myself a few times with broadheads, just small nicks. None while shooting though, always while handling, assembling, etc.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, be careful, thats a good way to cut your finger. Glad you are no worse for the wear.

Shane
Old 11-11-2009, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by UncleNorby
If your hand is gripping the bow, I can't see how your index finger could get that near your blades. I have cut myself a few times with broadheads, just small nicks. None while shooting though, always while handling, assembling, etc.
#1 you dont grip the bow! I have seen guys(my brother) for some reason when he relaxes his hand his index finger stuck up and if I would not of caught it he would of done the same thing with a thunderhead! The only thing I can thing of is he does not have a full containment rest therefor he holds his finger on the shaft while drawing then when he drops it it hangs in front of the broadhead??
Old 11-11-2009, 01:54 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by twildasin
#1 you dont grip the bow! I have seen guys(my brother) for some reason when he relaxes his hand his index finger stuck up and if I would not of caught it he would of done the same thing with a thunderhead! The only thing I can thing of is he does not have a full containment rest therefor he holds his finger on the shaft while drawing then when he drops it it hangs in front of the broadhead??
I think this is what happened to me. When I hold the bow, I point my fingers out towards the target. I think my index finger was pointing up some the blade got ahold of it.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ahh nothing like a razor cut. Bleeds for a little while, eh?
Old 11-11-2009, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MrGuitar
Am I just retarded or has this happened to anyone else?
Well, it's my opinion that you're just retarded!
Old 11-11-2009, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah when I read this I knew how you got your finger. Pointing your fingers toward the target is a bit dangerous(if you space your fingers too much, as you did) and it also adds a bit of unwanted torque on your bow, because when you shoot, unconciously you have to "catch" your bow, or it will fall out of your hands. Instead of pointing your fingers out, which is actually tensing up, allow your fingers to bend and slightly touch the center of your riser, keeping your fingers relaxed. No finger cuts, less torque, better shooting.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

How does it feel when you press the strings against the fret board with that finger?
Old 11-11-2009, 05:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Try not to do that again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.