HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   dressing properly (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/30975-dressing-properly.html)

goldtip45 05-31-2003 12:03 PM

dressing properly

I WOULD LIKE TO GET SOME FEED BACK ON WHAT U WOULD RECCOMEND ON EARLY TO LATE SEASON CLOTHING.IM THINKING ABOUT PURCHASING THE SAVANNA SERIES CLOTHING WITH CLIMA FLEX FOR EARLY SEASON HUNTING WITH SCENTLOC. WHAT WOULD YOU RECCOMEND IF I USE THIS AS AN UNDERGARMENT IN COLDER WEATHER.WHAT TYPE OF CLOTING WOULD YOU RECCOMEND FOR LAYERING-PARKA AND BIBS WITH REMOVABLE LINER OR JACKET AND PANTS TO BE VERSITABLE THROUGH NOVEMBER.I LIVE IN OHIO.IM TIRED OF SWEATING IN OCT. AND NOT BEING COMFORTABLE THRUGH NOV.THERES SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM AND TYPES OF CAMOFLAUGE COULD YOU GIVE ME SOME HELPFUL HINTS TO MAKE THIS SEASON MORE COMFORTABLE . THANK FOR YOUR TIPS

liquidorange 05-31-2003 07:22 PM

RE: dressing properly

there are just so many good quality camo suits out there i know its hard but here is my opinion. in the early season i use a 3-d leaf camo with the scent lock. it is pricey about 200$ to 300$ for a set. its a little on the warm side if the temperature gets up to 70 but i tolerate it. its not rain proof but as long as it isint pouring i make do but i think there making them waterproof now also. there is a company on the net called hunt dri that makes a cheap spray that makes anything water proof and im gonna try it this year. i bought my suit a size larger so i could fit extra cloths under it as it gets cooler out. when it gets colder i can get away with putting this over a jumpsuit that is insulated. when it gets bitter out i have a cabelas saddle cloth type waterproof breathable suit with insulation but its a little stiff. if you can afford the doe i would look into a layering system like the browning hydro fleece. the way i see it its worth every penny to be warm and comfotable and with a suit like that you will probably get 10 to 20 years out of it.

Rack-attack 06-01-2003 12:52 PM

I am not a big spender on camo clothes.

I would rather have 3 pairs of moderate or even cheaper pairs of pants than one expensive pair. This allows me to always have some clean clothes ready to go.

Over the years I have accumulated a bunch of camo t-shirts, sweat shirts, button downs, a few pairs of pants, two light and two heavy jackets.

Nothing two fancy, and I NEVER match:D

I never wear anything twice without washing it so multiple setups are good:)

davidmil 06-01-2003 02:27 PM

Well, try to match the folage.... but most of all be comfortable and quiet. When we hunt on crop damage in July and August I walk to the tree in shorts and a T shirt and throw on a leafy suit made of mesh. If it' s really hot....

Sq2Hunter 06-01-2003 06:38 PM

check out asap camo.....in the early season you could wear it with shorts and a tee shirt underneath and in the winter you can put other warm cloths underneath. The pattern is awesome....i love my setup......plus the customer service is second to none.

Rack-attack 06-02-2003 08:20 AM

David,

Is that " Nudy Oak" or " Nude Bark" or " Nude tree" Camo

It looks like the new " Nude Twig" Pattern[:o][:o][:o]:D;)

c903 06-02-2003 12:51 PM

It would take some heavy-duty KE to penetrate those!! :D:D

Not what I visualized a " Wood Nymph" looked like. :D

98Redline 06-02-2003 02:26 PM

I am goning to have to watch somebody slaughter a hog to get that image out of my head :D