Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
QUICK PLEASE! Deer Cape Transport >

QUICK PLEASE! Deer Cape Transport

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

QUICK PLEASE! Deer Cape Transport

Old 11-11-2009, 11:30 AM
Typical Buck

Default QUICK PLEASE! Deer Cape Transport

I'm leaving soon to bring my cape to get mounted. Its in the freezer right now. I have a 2hr 45 min drive to where Im getting it mounted. Do I need to put it in a cooler or will it be fine without anything in the back of the truck? Its about 52 degrees and dropping here right now.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:36 AM
Spike

I would think it will be fine, especially if you've had it in the freezer up until you leave.

I've left one in my garage for a week when the temperatures were just above freezing, and there was nothing wrong with it when I took it in. But it was a little colder than your temps.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

You'll be fine. Alot of taxidermists let them thaw completely when you bring them in anyhow, so they can skin the head out before they store them.