HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   hole in lacrosse boots (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/309670-hole-lacrosse-boots.html)

djs06dc5 11-10-2009 05:23 PM

hole in lacrosse boots

i punctured a hole in one of my alpha burly sport(1000g) boots

just wondering if anyone else have ever done this before and repaired it.
the hole is near the bottom of boot, right near where the two parts of the boot is molded together.

i did just email lacrosse, just wondering if any of you guys encountered this problem before

thanks for any help/advice

crokit 11-10-2009 05:28 PM

Send 'em to Limoncelli in Elmira on 14th st. He can patch anything, AND, there's never been a boot made that he can't resole.

Serious as I am about the above, that's a tough spot to fix. I've had luck in the past with some rubber strips and ferrule cement.

mauser06 11-10-2009 07:02 PM

i have a couple holes in mine in that same area...that spot gets BEAT up...brush and fence catch it pretty regular...

but mine have a neoprene or something under the rubber...i havent stood in water for a long time, but ive crossed creeks that put the holes under water and didnt have leaks...yet...

i wear rubber boots out like noones business...the lacrosses i have are really comfortable for a rubber boot...but werent cheap...but im sure they got their fair share plus some on them between deer hunting in the day and coon hunting at nite in them...

Jackson Marsh 11-11-2009 03:49 AM

I've punctured mine in the past. (Alpha) I used a rubber patch kit. It has held up for years now. After the rubber patch kit dries, spread GOOP over the patch and let it dry. This creates another barrier and seals it up nice.

Champlain Islander 11-11-2009 03:53 AM

If the hole is indeed a puncture then not much you can do other than try to repair. If it is a spot that has cracked and then opened up LaCrosse might send you a new pair. I had 2 year old boots crack at the ankle and sent them back and they sent me a new pair which cracked in the same place after another 2 years. I bought a pair of cabelas boots and they only made it for about 14 months and they cracked too. I wear them during ice fishing and am out all day every day. the cold and sun get to them and they wear quickly. My older LaCrosse boots are still in good shape since they are made with better rubber. They are all made in China now and the rubber isn't like it used to be when they were made in WI. I just bought a pair of muck woody max and will try them this year.

kwilson16 11-11-2009 04:01 AM

These rubber boots are not made for serious walking. I had a pair of $100+ Lacrosse's that didn't make it through the 2nd season. Lacrosse was unsympathetic.

I have a pair of Matterhorn's that were issued to me in 1994. A decade and a half later they are still waterproof and I will wear them to the stand tonight.

There will be plenty of folks saying they do a lot of walking in the rubber boot but they won't last through 15 seasons of hard use.

jeep4x4greg 11-11-2009 04:45 AM

I'd had mine for 3 years and no holes but they are showing wear.

I bet you could use a patch kit for a bicycle tire to patch it up :)