Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Couldn't find my deer today... >

Couldn't find my deer today...

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Couldn't find my deer today...

Old 11-11-2009, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

O boy..here we go again!!!!
i hope you went back out this mornin...and i hope ya took pics of it, cause it is dead somewhere..
cant wait to see the pics...if i hunted 40 mins away id be huntin everyday!!!!!!
Old 11-11-2009, 07:58 AM
Fork Horn

Joe- This weeekend I also liver shotted a deer. He kicked his back legs really high and ran 20 yards. He stood there for about 3 or 4 minutes then fell over. If you got a liver shot, believe me he is dead.. And probably not that far. 30 minutes is about the right time for a liver shot. Good luck with the search
Old 11-11-2009, 08:01 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by blackhawk_archery
if you dont go back sell the bow until you are finished with school,the buck probly didnt make it far.

I agree he should have waited longer, but for you to say he should sell his bow - after having a post about seeing a deer poached and seeing the pictures, but not wanting to name names or call the authorities - I find it hard to believe you would pass judgement on any other hunter.

Good luck finding him, we all live and learn. Keep us posted.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well my fellow Team Member found his deer today. He stayed with it and FOUND HIM!! Nice Buck Buddy!! CONGRATS!!! Way to stick with it. You guy's should check it out! Go to team 16 Dead Bucks Walking! OH! thats the 3rd buck down this week for team 16! Can you say HOT!!!!! Good Luck to the rest of you all this year and be safe.

Hatchet Jack
Old 11-12-2009, 07:07 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for all of the support for those of you who didn't bring me down. He was the first deer I have ever shot with a bow and I was extremely excited and couldn't help myself from looking a little bit. I did end up finding him the next day though. I will post the link for the thread on here. Here ya go http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowh...-ever-bow.html

Last edited by joemr1288; 11-12-2009 at 07:10 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

glad ya found it..wonderin how far it was from ya when ya pulled out the first time?