Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
How many BUCKS are you allowed to take? Where are you from? >

How many BUCKS are you allowed to take? Where are you from?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many BUCKS are you allowed to take? Where are you from?

Old 11-11-2009, 04:33 AM
Fork Horn

Ohio is split into three zones, I live in zone A which mean I can buy one "Either Sex Tag" and for the past three years have offered an additional anterless tag which can only be used up to the end of November. So I can shoot two does or One buck and one doe.

The One Buck restriction is statewide...

If you start heading south though your options for taking does is increased; if you buy the tags you can shoot two does in Zone B and up to 4 does in Zone C.

If you have the opportunity to hunt an urban zone in the state you can pretty much kill does to your hearts content.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn't deer hunt very long to take 1-2 bucks a year. 2 bucks per day from Sept 26-Jan24/ then I go to the Northwest Zone and hunt a few more weekends into Feb. Florida

Personally, I would waterfowl hunt if my state was that restrictive on bucks.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

3 white tails, which both counties i hunt are under antler restrictions, meanin each county (i hunt) allows 2 bucks, either 2 three pointers or less (spike/button)
OR
1 three pointer or less and one over 13 inch inside spread or bigger

we get 5 white tail deer, all could be antlerless, but jus 3 buk tags (buck or antlerless) state wide

1 mule deer buck and 1 doe
Old 11-11-2009, 06:58 AM
Typical Buck

In OK, 6 deer total, no more than 2 bucks. This doesn't count draw-outs and holiday doe season.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by The Rev
In Texas the counties vary. Some have a minimum 13 in antler spread, while other counties there are no restrictions. The counties I hunt are one buck four does. We do have have some two buck counties.

yeah but ya cant take 3 bucks..or 5 does or a combo ..no more than 3 white tails bucks right? 1 buk mulie and 1 doe mulie?

Last edited by halfbakedi420; 11-11-2009 at 07:39 AM.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

In Massachusetts you get 2 buck tags good for any season (archery, shotgun, or Muzzleloader) and a lottery for antlerless.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by kateraxl2381
Illinois..you get 2 bucks...unlimited does
Correct! 2 Bucks only regardless of weapon or season. That doesn't affect me since I hunt only with a Bow.

It is unlimited Does, so if you want some practice or want to feed the hungry. You can Git-R-Done!!

Dan
Old 11-11-2009, 08:06 AM
Spike

here in mississippi you can shoot 3 bucks and 3 does and then an additonal buck and 2 does with a bow! we fill the freezers down here!
Old 11-11-2009, 10:43 AM
Fork Horn

This is off the Virginia Game and inland fisheries website:

"The bag limit for deer shall be two a day, six a license year. Of the six deer limit, no more than three may be antlered deer and at least three must be antlerless deer. "

Now afte you have tagged out you can buy bonus tags, but they are only good for doe's. And in certain county's there are specific weeks where you can only kill one sex or the other. Luckily I live in a county where we can shoot doe's from start to finish of the season as long as you have a tag for it!
Old 11-11-2009, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

1 in PA

Hatchet jack

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.