Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Best Hang On for the Best Price >

Best Hang On for the Best Price

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best Hang On for the Best Price

Old 11-09-2009, 06:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default Best Hang On for the Best Price

I went hunting this weekend with my buddy, and all he really uses is hangons and I use only my climber. I got to thinkin that it just seems easier to buy 5 or 6 hang ons and put them in my favorite spots and have my climber for back up. Now heres my question to you..what hang on would you suggest for me...Large platform, Cheaper, and easy to hang.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use Big Game Boss XL's I've got 4 of them up right now, and they are great. BIG platform, big seat. If you keep your eyes peeled, you can find them for about $75-$85 from most places.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use a Millennium. You only need 1 stand, all you do it hang the bracket and steps...and when you go hunt, you just climb up and slide it in.

If you have a situation like you are talking about, its the ideal stand imo. Plus, its the most comfortable stand there is, and nobody can hunt your stands when you aren't there, and they can't steal it either cause you take it home with you. Check it out! I love mine...oh, and it has a big platfrom too. 38" I think, and around 14lbs.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:42 AM
Typical Buck

Hey man, You go to EIU, if I remember?

Go to Rural King and get yourself a bunch of those little "Big Dog Beagle" stands if you want to hang 5 or 6 of them.

The Rural King right there in Charleston has them for $29. Can't beat it for the price and they only weigh 13lbs. They come with 2 ratchet straps also so that saves you the $12 in buying straps.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:43 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by YooperMike
I use Big Game Boss XL's I've got 4 of them up right now, and they are great. BIG platform, big seat. If you keep your eyes peeled, you can find them for about $75-$85 from most places.

They are nice stands. Bought 5 last year at season's end!
Old 11-10-2009, 09:53 AM
Fork Horn

I got two stands trying this year, one is the innovative treestand, which can be adjusted for any tree, still not sure if I am totally sold on it. The other, which used this last week is Muddy hunter pro, This is the best stand I have used, it is little more expensive, but they make a steel one for 100.00. It is rock solid, comfortable, quick and easy to set up, love it.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:43 AM
Fork Horn

thanks guys...its a big help..and englum u are correct.EIU..i hunt farther south however near my house on the weekends