Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
I got my first deer on Saturday!! >

I got my first deer on Saturday!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I got my first deer on Saturday!!

Old 11-09-2009, 08:49 AM
Spike

Default I got my first deer on Saturday!!

I got her Saturday night in Coshocton, Ohio. Just before dark she came right to me from above. I hadn't seen anything all afternoon/evening and finally I heard her walking in the distance so I got my bow partially up and out she popped...about 20 yards from me. I was praying "Lord bring her to me, please bring her to me." All the while unable to hear anything other than the sound of my heart beating a million miles an hour!

So...she came right to me...like 10 yards from me...looking at me the whole time. I laughed a bit and was like "No...Lord...not RIGHT to me...turn her, please turn her, so I can get a shot!" So...He did...she turned broadside...walked behind a HUGE tree, allowing me to bring my bow up and then she stepped out, just the front part of her body, so I took aim and made the shot. She went down right away and ended up about 20 yards from where I shot her. Wow...what a rush. The entire scenario couldn't have been more perfect. Her timing, the placement of the big tree she walked behind, my shot. It all worked out perfectly and I couldn't be happier! It sure takes the pressure off for gun season...

- Michelle

Attached Thumbnails I got my first deer on Saturday!!-me-deer.jpg  
Old 11-09-2009, 08:53 AM
Fork Horn

You won't get that feeling any where else in world!

Congrats and great job...
Old 11-09-2009, 09:32 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats one your first deer Michelle, thats a nice doe! Glad you took the time to take a nice photo and I can tell by the smile on ur face you had a great hunt...lol
Congrats again!!!!
Old 11-09-2009, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is a great looking doe. Congrats on your first!!!
Old 11-09-2009, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

That "rush" will keep you coming back for many more, and hope you get to experience that feeling many more times in your life. Nothing beats it! Congrats!
Old 11-09-2009, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats!! Awsome doe, wont find a feeling like that anywhere else but the Deer woods, Congrats again!!

-NICK
Old 11-09-2009, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats,nice doe,way ta go.....Now your hooked,heeheehee.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:08 AM
Typical Buck

what a rush, eh? CONGRATULATIONS
Old 11-09-2009, 10:13 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats to you. Now you can go after the big buck!! Enjoy the back strap BBQ....
Old 11-09-2009, 10:27 AM
NTO
Spike

Congrats on your first deer. Hate to say it but now you are addicted to something. Good luck the rest of the year,
Bob

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.