Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
I dont think this season could get much worse >

I dont think this season could get much worse

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I dont think this season could get much worse

Old 11-08-2009, 08:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default I dont think this season could get much worse

So i dont know hoe much worse this season could get get here in Illinois. I seen 5 deer this whole weekend and nothing even remotely close. 70 degree temps and wind. Hopefully a cold front will move through soon and get these bucks up during the day. If the weather doesnt get colder may just have to go get me a new bass boat.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:31 PM
Spike

I've only seen one buck. The weather has been really weird. We got november weather in october. Now we are getting early-mid october weather in november.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:11 AM
Typical Buck

No kidding! This weather really screwed my hunting trip this last weekend. I saw a few deer (3 spikers, a little 6 point that I rattled in, 2 does and basket rack 8 point), but that was after hunting hard for 3 days. 70 degrees + south wind = SUCK
Old 11-09-2009, 03:51 AM
NTO
Spike

I came through Illinois on Friday and must have counted 150+ deer and at least 15-20 shooters. We were up north on the 80. I know the weather is screwy but those deer will be moving soon.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

The weather is crazy, but I finally started seeing some of my good bucks this weekend. This was the first weekend in several weeks were we had good deer movement again, we were seeing 15-20 deer per day and a lot of that was during the mid day. In fact, the best buck we seen this weekend came thru chasing does around 11am.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey man keep at it thats what I did after seeing for deer in my first 10 sits, now its pickin up, but I didnt see a thing last night so you never know.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:39 AM
Typical Buck

Even tho temps have been high during the day, with goofy wind. The morning hunts have been awesome. Lots of deer movement and chasing going on. It helps having the moon over head in the A.M. also.......
Old 11-09-2009, 08:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

hope it gets better 70 here today and 61 for the high on sat. opener for gun season. Hopefully i get one. I am hoping for sat alot of family will be down for a dinner. Plus my mom's mom and aunt hate hunting i would love to pull up with a deer in the bed of my truck
Old 11-09-2009, 08:43 AM
bigcountry

You know everytime I get down and out because I didn't see a deer or monster, I think about all the guys who would love to be able just to climb a stand, and sit and enjoy the day in the woods. I know my father in law would love it.

Oh, it can get worse.

Old 11-09-2009, 12:46 PM
Spike

I agree. The weather is terrible! The weather in October was great but november sucks! I hadn't seen much deer either and I'm hunting a refuge that's only open to hunting 9 days a year! Makes me wanna quit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.