Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Slow rut so far..... >

Slow rut so far.....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Slow rut so far.....

Old 11-09-2009, 05:58 PM
Spike

Slow in southwestern IL too. Sat all day and saw a fork, another deer 200 yards away in a field, and I rattled/called a six pointer in at sunset, too dark to shoot. Very frustrating sitting all day and then the one time you get a shot its too dark. All the deer movement was in the very early morning and at sunset.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Rut seems to be slow all over dont feel bad.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Started hunting everyday in northern Indiana beginning Oct. 23rd. The action was very slow until Friday Nov. 6th. then it was as if someone flipped a switch. Bucks were out cruising all times of the day. I didn't see any chasing but they are definately looking for dates. I'll be back in the stand tomorrow, I hope I haven't missed the seeking phase.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 11-10-2009, 04:06 AM
Fork Horn

WV IS IN FULL OUT RUT!!!! This weekend i was watching bucks run does everywhere. Driving home from class last night I looked over on a side road, and a buck was mounting a doe on the center line of the road. lol
Old 11-10-2009, 04:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

I hunted Oklahoma last week for five days and we saw quite a few good bucks but none chasing does yet.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:58 AM
Spike

ok glad to know its not only me. im in ohio and these deer are all moving at night. i havent seen a buck chasing a doe yet. heck the other day i had three spike eating corn outta a feeder and you know if they are still eating they arent in rut yet.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:53 AM
Typical Buck

Here in cenral Illinois I had seen a nice buck and a mature doe in between some cut corn. It was about 8:15 am and there wasn't any timber for a few miles. Haven't had much stand time as I was hunting in Shawnee last week.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:22 AM
Fork Horn

If the rut is on here, you couldnt prove it by me.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

The last couple of weeks have been slow, we were not even seeing does any more. I hunted Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Friday, I rattled in a young 6 just after first light and never seen another deer all day. Saturday, nothing until 10am and then it was steady action until dark, seen one nice 10 running 3 does and few other smaller bucks that were cruising. Sunday and Monday were pretty much the same, action was starting mid-late morning. I could not believe it with the temps, but that is what we saw. Getting to hunt tomorrow and then 10 straight days starting Friday. I believe my time off work will be well timed.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:50 PM
Spike

I hunt in central IL and sunday night the deer were on the move. Saw a few does, and every buck that I saw was hot on her trail.