Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Slow rut so far..... >

Slow rut so far.....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Slow rut so far.....

Old 11-08-2009, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Slow rut so far.....

At least for me. Sat for 12 hours yesterday and today, only seen this spike at 3:30 yesterday. I guess the near 70 deg. temps is keeping most of the movement nocturnal. The other hunters on the property aren't seeing any movement either. What's anybody else in No. Illinois seeing?

Old 11-08-2009, 06:55 PM
Typical Buck

I am seeing what you are seeing which isnt much I am betting the action will pick up on Monday evening and Tuesday when the temps begin to drop and we have a good overcast I have been doing a little driving and the bucks appear to be most active at dark it has alot to do with this heat theres no doubts about that.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:57 PM
Typical Buck

Nice pic by the way,looks like you are 35-40 feet high.
Old 11-08-2009, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not seeing much in central Illinois myself. All wekend I didnt see anything until this evening and that was only a basket rack 6 and a spike. However a buddy did see 2 big boys cutting across a bean field this evening.
Hoping it gets better this week.
Old 11-08-2009, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator

Movement is slow in our missouri and Illinois camps due to the higher temps. We were seeing plenty of chasing over the past couple weeks. A buck taken by one of the clients yesterday, showed signs of rut. It might pick up some monday with the front coming in. Temps will still be in the mid 60's though. Tuesday on, looks to be a little better with temps in the 50's and lows in the mid 30's.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:58 PM
Spike

if its any consolation....i got nothin goin in northeast ohio either...except for a doe
Old 11-09-2009, 06:48 AM
Typical Buck

I have reports from N. Missouri (Kirksville area) that the rut is on hard... my friend saw deer breeding this weekend, several of them. Lots of chasing too.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:35 PM
Spike

I'm not seein much either here in Texas but I shot a buck chasing a doe last weekend. You never know.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:47 PM
Spike

If you were hunting in Massachusetts or NH, that spike would be in the freezer. Around here it is a very good chance that that will be the only deer you see all year.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:01 PM
Spike

Its the same down in so. Illinois. Ive been wondering where the deer have been all season. Ive been skunked more than enough times this year already. Hopfully it will change soon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.