Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Well I turned a guy in today... >

Well I turned a guy in today...

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Well I turned a guy in today...

Old 11-09-2009, 06:09 AM
Typical Buck

50 feet in WI
Old 11-09-2009, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you don't want to see so many people get off the road. Move back 100 yards or so not 15 yards. Im pretty sure the deer don't just hang around the edge of the road all day.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

KY, What did I say? I don't get out and mess with people who aren't breaking the law. It's worth the spot to put up with those people. I frequently have it all to myself. But when someone gets out of their pickup and starts shooting their gun for no good reason from the road, you better believe I'm going to stand up for myself, and for the law.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:46 AM
Fork Horn

Hey I see a ton of deer while smoking a cig
Old 11-09-2009, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SeraphHHC
Hey I see a ton of deer while smoking a cig
Eh, I just kinda laugh when I see them smoking in their vehicle with the window rolled up, and then spraying themselves with scent-away. I bet it doesn't work too well
Old 11-09-2009, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

i think i woulda shot his tire with a broadhead and told him oops, it jus went off...then ask him if he knew there was a guy in the tree or brush where he was shootin at..then i would have called the cops right there, i carry my cell lol when i hunt...and then i woulda asked his gurl if she needed a ride because they woulda impounded everything but her, maybe she might go too...

or

i woulda traded him his gun fer not callin the cops....it is cheaper to give up the gun, i don care what ya shoot!!!!

either way, you woulda had a date, or a new gun wooohoooo
Old 11-09-2009, 08:58 AM
Fork Horn

You did the right thing turning him in. He is the same kind of guy who would shoot a deer from the road.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Big Z
KY, What did I say? I don't get out and mess with people who aren't breaking the law. It's worth the spot to put up with those people. I frequently have it all to myself. But when someone gets out of their pickup and starts shooting their gun for no good reason from the road, you better believe I'm going to stand up for myself, and for the law.
Yes you were in your right to complain about the guy but you were showing frustrations with all the other "bad" hunters. All I'm saying is a guy hunts right on a road you have no right to be upset about anyone coming by you. Why not move back a ways and you won't have to put up with this as much.....You want to know the truth...I see a guy set up 15 yards off the road then in my mine Im thinking "this guy is to lazy to walk."
Old 11-09-2009, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Kybuckhunter
Yes you were in your right to complain about the guy but you were showing frustrations with all the other "bad" hunters. All I'm saying is a guy hunts right on a road you have no right to be upset about anyone coming by you. Why not move back a ways and you won't have to put up with this as much.....You want to know the truth...I see a guy set up 15 yards off the road then in my mine Im thinking "this guy is to lazy to walk."

You really don't get what he is saying do you? He's not upset that people are driving down the road. I'm pretty sure he has accepted and came to peace with that issue. The issue he is having is someone pulling off the side of the road and firing off a few rounds with a high powered rifle, which is wrong no matter where you are. Either you do the same thing as this shooter did and don't see the wrong in it, or you need to brush up on reading comprehension skills.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by 2 Lunger
You really don't get what he is saying do you? He's not upset that people are driving down the road. I'm pretty sure he has accepted and came to peace with that issue. The issue he is having is someone pulling off the side of the road and firing off a few rounds with a high powered rifle, which is wrong no matter where you are. Either you do the same thing as this shooter did and don't see the wrong in it, or you need to brush up on reading comprehension skills.
Well said. The thing is he could have shot somebody who was much further than 15yrds from the road! The guy was a friggen idiot who was endangering others, that's the bottom line. You HAVE to know what's behind your target!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.