Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Missed!!!!

Old 11-07-2009, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Missed!!!!

I missed my first archery deer on Friday night, I'm pissed should not have taken the shot but it would have been an easy one if I hadnt spooked her.
Old 11-08-2009, 03:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

How can you be mad at missing a shot that you shouldn't have taken? You should be mad for taking the shot.

Learn from it, embrace it. We all miss but you need to laugh about it. Your first will come, you will miss again. It's all part of bowhunting.
Old 11-08-2009, 03:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just learn from it, don't let it happen again. Your first will come soon
Old 11-08-2009, 06:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

This is my 6th year third bow hunting. I missed two my first year. This year i missed two and hit one in the leg. SO do not feel to bad. It may come soon or real slow like me.
Old 11-08-2009, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Rob/PA Bowyer
How can you be mad at missing a shot that you shouldn't have taken? You should be mad for taking the shot.

Learn from it, embrace it. We all miss but you need to laugh about it. Your first will come, you will miss again. It's all part of bowhunting.
Haha I guess I never thought of it like that. Im gonna try to keep it out of my mind.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dont let it get you down! Just keep practicing and get back out there and make sure you really focus on your next shot. you will get one soon!
Old 11-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys, I appreciate the encouragement.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:00 AM
Spike

I've been bow hunting for 4yrs. and the first time I shot at a doe I missed but my buddy smoked her. I told him the next deer I see I will not miss well, a week later I got A shot on another doe smacked her right in the bread basket ran 40 yards and crashes. It took me 4yrs. but I finally got one. I had the biggest buck in my life slip in behand me right after dark on friday at 15 yards but, couldn't get the shot because it was dark. Now that is when it really sucks!!