Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Pa. Guys, what is the story in your neck of the woods? >

Pa. Guys, what is the story in your neck of the woods?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pa. Guys, what is the story in your neck of the woods?

Old 11-09-2009, 08:20 AM
Fork Horn

Here in 5B - I think things just got better and better as last week went along. I had sightings of buck running doe from Tuesday on. Think I saw 7-8 buck for the week with a bruiser I hadn't seen since August. Most of my friends were experiencing the same with just missed opportunites on some great buck. There were 4 of us who had buck 20" + within range and for one reason to another they all live to run another day. Things seemed to peak Saturday along with the weather. I'm thinking a 2-3 day lull and than things picking back up.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:08 AM
Fork Horn

Ive haven't seen any chasing going on in the woods, seen immature does or bbs running in pairs, immature 3pts, 4pts, and finally a 6pter.....
Basket rack six not even past the ears.....lol. Released the arrow at 20 yards and hit the deer....feathers first.

Hit the sapling to the right of his leg, and the arrow exploded into three parts. I laughed at him, and then let him walk.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:27 AM
Fork Horn

Hunting = terrible
Rut = terrible
Trail Cam pics = terrible

The deer herd in my area (5A) is really hurting and i wish that PA would put in a season of no doe kills
Old 11-09-2009, 10:04 AM
Typical Buck

shane...inconsistent is the best i can give you

tuesday last week a monster, double drop tine, came in to the rattle bag, grunt tube and can call, made a scrape...then came in to 30 yards facing towards me, no shot, i felt like puking as he backstepped into the thick stuff where he emerged (story to come, i am still recovering )

wednesday last week no bucks, but 5 doe came in and bedded in the morning, grunted a buck in the evening, before dark...a grey fox spooked him away

thursday last week four different bucks, two grunting and causing a ruckus, trailing a good doe...two others came into rattle and grunt

saturday this past weekend...i grunted a button buck into range, he made a scrape and left after not finding ms hot-thang, at night a can call brought a hot doe by me, large buck following, all i could see were main beams at 15 yards and nothing through my peep

today, in the morning, one spiker came in to the can call, uninterested

i don't know, warm weather, a lot of corn standing, too many factors i cannot put my finger on

as a side note, my dad took a cool 8pt on saturday morning, his first with a bow (crossbow...he cannot draw due to a lung transplant, story to come), and saw 4 other bucks that morning in my best stand after the shot, also his came in with no rut signs, my neighbor's boy's buddy (man that sounds complex) shot a 15" wide 8 point actively after a doe before dark the night before

hoping for one this week or saturday!!! AND rut activity too!!!

Last edited by bowfly; 11-09-2009 at 10:06 AM.