Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Sussex county Delaware 9ptr >

Sussex county Delaware 9ptr

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sussex county Delaware 9ptr

Old 11-06-2009, 06:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default Sussex county Delaware 9ptr

Zipped a spitfire xp thru this guy tonite at 12yds. I was using the can estrus bleat call. He came in and bedded down in a scrape 30yds behind me at 430pm. He messed with the licking branch and then layed down. First time i had heard of or witnessed this! The school bus came by and he stood up and looked around then bedded back down. 10 mins later he gets up and walks toward another scrape closer to me and offers me a chip shot. im pretty sure he was waiting for the does to come by going out to the bean field. I text my stepmother and told her to tell my father to meet me with the 4 wheeler at dark. I stayed in my stand and had 4 other deer come by going towards the bean field. Heard my pop coming on the 4wheeler and got down. My arrow had hardly any blood on it and the hair on my vanes looked whiteish. I know i heard him crash not 75yds away but the arrow didnt look rite. We start following the blood trail which was tough because there is alot of water where he ran. Pop and i walk straight to where the water stops and searched the edge and found spots of blood. we followed drops here and there and pop spots him behind a tree. It was a perfect hit the exit wound was low rite behind the shoulder basicly in his armpit. Thats why there was whiteish hair on my arrow. The exit wound was cloged up with lung which explains why he didnt bleed much. Arrowed many deer but this is my 1st deer with my Truth2 and the spitfires. (impressed) He is 18" wide and im guessing he scores bout 110" I almost passed on him but ive been puting in some hrs on stand and this is the 1st decent buck ive had close enough. There are def bigger bucks on our property but i am very proud of him and he will damn sure be tasty and it was an awesome hunt!!!
sorry bout the pic. took it with my cell phone. will update with real pics tommorrow.
Attached Thumbnails Sussex county Delaware 9ptr-1106091838.jpg  
Old 11-07-2009, 05:09 AM
Fork Horn

on my way to the butcher. will update with weight and better pics after evening hunt.
Old 11-07-2009, 06:34 AM
Fork Horn

Looks like a dandy buck to me, congrats!
Old 11-07-2009, 02:23 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks. the crazy part is the butcher aged him at 2.5yrs old. he obviously had great genetics. he only dressed 110lbs. small for around here. ive shot bigger doe. truthfully i wish i had passed on him but it was an awesome hunt and he will be great eating. biggest boby weight deer of shot in delaware was 232lb dressed 14pt. he was very massive with sticker pts but not alot of tine length.
Old 11-07-2009, 02:51 PM
Fork Horn

nice buck, congrats
Old 11-07-2009, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck. I am not to far away from you, nice to see a local guy score!

Shane
Old 11-07-2009, 04:35 PM
Spike

Congrats!!
Old 11-07-2009, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice deer man!!!
Old 11-08-2009, 02:29 PM
Fork Horn

thanks guys. what got me was that he bedded in a scrape! never heard of or seen that before. any of you guys witnessed this?
Old 11-08-2009, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats a great buck! congrats, cant wait to see some better pics too!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.