Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Mathews Z7 Review >

Mathews Z7 Review

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mathews Z7 Review

Old 11-06-2009, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Mathews Z7 Review

I went to my shop this morning to shoot the new Z7 and let me start by saying that anybody that shoots this bow and doesn't like it should seriously consider leaving archery for good.But seriously I flat loved it. The draw cycle is a little stiffer than my Drenalin but as soon as I touched the trigger I forget all about that. In my 30 some years of archery I've never felt a release that is so smooth with less recoil. And beleive me the deer will not hear this this go off. Speed wise it is what I expected. At 63 lbs it is shooting 268 fps with my 430 grain arrow at 28 inches, I can live with that. I'll probably go to a lighter arrow.

So in closing all that I can say is you may be a Mathews Fanboy, as I am, and you may hate Mathews bows but there's no way that you can shoot this bow and say that you don't like it, I promise. Now I can't wait until January to order mine.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Mathews

Why would you want to shoot anything other than a MATHEWS?
Old 11-06-2009, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

My thoughts exactly Ridge.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Of course the fanboys are gonna like the Z7, ........

however, unlike the Reezen and Monster that left many very unimpressed shooters last year, Mathews really did get it right this year with the new Z7.

The new Z7 should put Mathews back up there with the very best Hoyt and BowTech rigs! Thus far, the Z7 is the rig I want for next season!
Old 11-08-2009, 01:11 PM
Spike

Got to say, I love my Mathews Legacy. Got it when they first came out in 2002 I think. Thought about trading it in on something new, but I shoot the thing so well I can not bring myself to do it. I picked up the Z7 the other day at a local shop and was impressed with it though.

Chad
Old 11-08-2009, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am not a Mathews fanboy. But IMO the new Monster 7.0 will be vastly overlooked. On specs alone, it's looks more like a reasonable product than it's older bother. I have a Destroyer on order but I was told that the Z7 is where Mathews is putting all of the advertising money, I hope that they tell their customers that there is another option. Just thinking out loud.
Old 11-08-2009, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good to hear about the Z7 because I was looking to buy the Reezen, and that bow is horrible IMO and a monster wasnt an option because I dont want a 2 cam bow, so I may have to go test the Z7 out myself.
Old 11-08-2009, 03:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by gutshot
I went to my shop this morning to shoot the new Z7 and let me start by saying that anybody that shoots this bow and doesn't like it should seriously consider leaving archery for good.But seriously I flat loved it. The draw cycle is a little stiffer than my Drenalin but as soon as I touched the trigger I forget all about that. In my 30 some years of archery I've never felt a release that is so smooth with less recoil. And beleive me the deer will not hear this this go off. Speed wise it is what I expected. At 63 lbs it is shooting 268 fps with my 430 grain arrow at 28 inches, I can live with that. I'll probably go to a lighter arrow.

So in closing all that I can say is you may be a Mathews Fanboy, as I am, and you may hate Mathews bows but there's no way that you can shoot this bow and say that you don't like it, I promise. Now I can't wait until January to order mine.
I guess i should get going then. Now i havent shot it but i guarantee you that if i did i would not like it. That thing is just too short for me.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:48 PM
Typical Buck

I tend to like longer ATA bows (35-36) and always take the time to shoot a variety of bows throughout the year. Now first I am not expert but have been into archery for almost 24 years. I currently shoot the Alphamax 35 and already shot the Maxxis 31. I went and shot the Z7 on Saturday and do have to say for a 30 ATA bow, I was very impressed with the draw cycle, hand shock and the how quiet the Z7 was. I do feel that the Hoyt Maxxis is somewhat lighter in the hand than the Z7, and it had I would rate the hand shock somewhat equal to that of the Z7, but the Z7 is dead on with the a smooth draw cycle.

I am looking forward to shooting a Destroyer and getting a comparison.

PS. I won't be selling my AM35, as for me, its a great shooting bow.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now that I filled my Archery tag and my seasons over Iam looking at letting my Drenlin go,its been a good bow the last 3 years but The Z7 or the Maxxis is looking like a buy for me,Ive shot both and like said the Maxxis does feel lighter in hand but the Z7 sure is nice also..O my what ta do heeheehee....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.