Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Lone Wolf Sit and Climb...One Year Later >

Lone Wolf Sit and Climb...One Year Later

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lone Wolf Sit and Climb...One Year Later

Old 11-11-2009, 05:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

The stabilizer straps should be on that angled bar all the way to the bottom so they can't move. If you attach the stabilizer straps to the area where the seat is you will have problems folding the sit bar up under for when you stand, flip the seat up and lean against the tree.

Originally Posted by Drakeman
LKN, here's what I just found out. I have been testing this on a telephone pole outside my house. The instructions and the video for installation of the stablaizer straps show that the stabilizer strap for the seat should be on the angled bar (which holds the traction belt) and that's where I was using it. But if you watch the video when they are actually climbing the seat strap in on the teeth bar. Which makes more sense so that the seat and platform would be parallel. So when I made that adjustment the seat was locked in tight and the platform was more sturdy. But I still had an issue when I put all my weight on one side of the platform. So I loosened the straps tightened the tractions belt on that side and retightened the straps. Well that did it. Thanks for your help. Now I will let LW know the discrepancy in the instructions.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

GMMAT, I agree also that the sit bar should not be removed to use it as a sit and climb. Lone Wolf warns against this. I switched the stock LW sit and climb seat out for a mesh seat. I can get close to the tree now and it is more comfortable and better to climb with IMO. I have the wide model and used a seat from Ol Man the "Grand" model. If you have the standard upper sit and climb there is a guy on ebay selling mesh seats to fit with the taper. The Ol Man seat required a slight mod. I like to sit high in the frame so I can keep the bow across my lap. I really don't like the bulky seats to climb with and the extra time it takes to position it once I am at my desired height. I think they are good stands so I signed up to be a Lone Wolf dealer through my business (ATV/Motorcycle Shop). I'm not selling a whole bunch or stocking a lot but I keep my gang going. If you need anything I may be able to help and I'm not that far away.

Originally Posted by GMMAT
The sit and climb bar prevents it from racking (I was told). Makes sense to me.

I used to climb (when I used that upper) the same way you do. I'd descend with the bar in place. It was easier that way, while still hooked to the tree. If you don't hook up....as far as I'm concerned your (not pointing fingers at anyone) opinion on what's more efficient/easier is useless. I won't sacrifice safety for convenience.

What I HATE about the hand climber upper is the fact that it forces me to stand WAY too far from the tree. I can get MUCH closer in the sit and climb. Much. What I do love about the HC upper is the fact that I have more side mobility shooting my recurve.

I'll settle on one in the near future. Just not sure which upper it'll be. It'll definitely be one of the two, though.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:07 AM
Spike

I have the summit cobra.. I love it.. it dont have the bar around the front so i love it for bow hunting.. Its light and easy to use.. If i ever buy another one it will be the ultimate viper ss
Old 11-11-2009, 09:59 AM
Fork Horn

my wide sit and climb is on the way.. cant wait to get it out and practice with it..