HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   NY guys... hows November going? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/309136-ny-guys-hows-november-going.html)

silverskin 11-05-2009 01:54 PM

NY guys... hows November going?

Guys just curious if you've been seeing any chasing, rutting behavior? I hunt in Orange County and have yet to see a buck over 1.5 years old. All ive seen so far is spikes and 4's chasing does here and there.

bigwhitetailbuck 11-05-2009 02:17 PM

I hope its going good. Going up there this weekend.:s2:

Im gonna try a scent drag and the can.. Maybe some rattling here and there

ABarOfSoap 11-05-2009 02:34 PM

as of last week absolutely no day time moving, plenty of movement at night though on the sides of roads.

trophyslugster 11-05-2009 02:44 PM

i hunt orange county to action is really starting to pick up saw 8 bucks in last 3 days running does like crazy hang in there this weekend should be real good.

silverskin 11-05-2009 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by trophyslugster (Post 3496596)
i hunt orange county to action is really starting to pick up saw 8 bucks in last 3 days running does like crazy hang in there this weekend should be real good.

Where in Orange county do u hunt?

DeerandbearhoG 11-05-2009 06:08 PM

Im pretty much tagged out now so I havent been in the woods for about a week ,but I was seeing serious chasing in rockland and orange co.s since oct 25th, and not just by young bucks. I aged my oct 27th buck at 3.5 yo by its jaw bone, and he was hounding a doe pretty hard when I shot him, and the doe didnt seem to want to get away too much either. This was around 8:15am and it was raining. everyone I know is seeing and taking good bucks as well. good luck guys.

silverskin 11-05-2009 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by DeerandbearhoG (Post 3496854)
Im pretty much tagged out now so I havent been in the woods for about a week ,but I was seeing serious chasing in rockland and orange co.s since oct 25th, and not just by young bucks. I aged my oct 27th buck at 3.5 yo by its jaw bone, and he was hounding a doe pretty hard when I shot him, and the doe didnt seem to want to get away too much either. This was around 8:15am and it was raining. everyone I know is seeing and taking good bucks as well. good luck guys.

Do u have pictures of the Oct 27th buck? If u do lets see them!

DeerandbearhoG 11-05-2009 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by silverskin (Post 3496862)
Do u have pictures of the Oct 27th buck? If u do lets see them!

go to the north east forum ,its on the 2nd page in the 09 ny bucks thread.

dyb3and88 11-06-2009 12:28 AM

I heard some does bleating when I went for a walk the other day. Totally caught me off guard. I went for a spot and stalk, and saw three. Don't know what the other two where. I thought the bleat I heard was my bleat can in my pocket, I was wrong, it was a doe. She was a good 70 yards away when I saw her take off. Wish I could re-do that hunt. Other than that I haven't seen anything. I have noticed some rubs starting to pop up though. Going out this morning. Its a nice cool morning with a skiff of snow on the ground. Something have to give. This is the longest I have gone without getting a deer since opening day. I have alway got a deer on the ground the first week, this year, not even seeing anything, not even anything that I would pass on because its to small. Its getting to the point where there all going to be shooters, lol.

trophyslugster 11-06-2009 08:37 AM

newburgh area and stewart forest