Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
I love November! >

I love November!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I love November!

Old 11-05-2009, 09:36 AM
Typical Buck

Default I love November!

Had a great morning. Got into my stand around 5:15 and settled in. It was about 27 Degrees.

Morning started off quick with action around 6:30. I heard tons of crashing and breaking branches and grunting off in the distance and as I turned to look, I saw this guy:

leaping a fence dogging a doe. So I grunted and bleated trying to get him to come my way. He wasn't having any of it. I watched them for a while, camera in one hand taking pictures, bow in the other, grunt tube hanging out of my mouth calling at him. Eventually he took to chasing her again towards the other side of the field.

Not long after they went through I had another smaller buck chase a doe directly in front of me. After he came through I had another 8pt come directly under me and go to the opposite side of the field and enter the woods where the bigger one left at. Shortly after he disappeard into the woods,I heard a bunch of brush crashing again and as I turned I heard some SERIOUS sparring. It went on for a while. First time I had ever heard it. I was wondering if the little 8 didn't get his butt whooped by the big one!

Chasing continued all morning long up until about 1030 am. I saw 6 different bucks chasing just as many different does. Saw a total of about 18 deer, had probably 8 of them in bow range.
I didn't get down until almost 11:30, wish I could have stayed all day but I didn't pack for it and I was about to starve! It was a great morning even without getting a shot at anything!

Old 11-05-2009, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

That always sucks when they are chasing a doe and go just out of range. It's nice to see them though and enjoy the view.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:58 AM
Spike

I would have starved or killed something to eat!!! With action like that I would not have considered getting down at all.

Last edited by Kris24; 11-05-2009 at 10:50 AM.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:58 AM
Spike

Great read. Next time pack a lunch!
Old 11-05-2009, 10:21 AM
Fork Horn

Wow your lucky!! I wish I could see that number of deer in one sit
Old 11-05-2009, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man do I envy you guys in the midwest. Good luck, sounds like its just a matter of time for you!
Old 11-05-2009, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome story! The pictures are a little rough but whatever I can still tell what they are haha! You'll get one soon here.

Ryan.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:41 AM
Fork Horn

Love the rut! I had a similar hunt last weekend!
Old 11-05-2009, 10:44 AM
Spike

Sounds like you had an eventful morning. It's awesome just to see how they act during the rut. Sorry you didnt get a shot though, that always sucks
Old 11-05-2009, 11:00 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks guys! Heading out here in just another few minutes to hopefully put the hurtin' on a bruiser! We'll see!

Goodluck to everyone else!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.