Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Help settle a recovery debate >

Help settle a recovery debate

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help settle a recovery debate

Old 11-05-2009, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

[quote=halfbakedi420;3496276]disgraceful, show off the rack? leave it there fer a few weeks..plz tell me your kiddin..

deer dude..go and get that buck yourself, the dad will let ya, aint like your huntin..jus trackin..i kno in my heart the dad will say you can, if ya need a ride holla at me![/quote]

Good grief. Please quit posting when your stoned. Are you seriously going to drive from Tx. to IL. to give this guy a ride to find this deer?
Old 11-05-2009, 09:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by downbuck014
Its a disgrace to give up on a deer like that.
It's a disgrace to give up on any deer without a reasonable search.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:09 PM
Spike

It's a big secret exactly where he was hunting. He's got exclusive rights to some great ground around here. My only hope is that the next time I go help farm, his Dad will tell me that he went back and found it later. Maybe he just didn't want anyone else stompin' around "his" woods.
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:50 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by gr8atta2d
no debate, the kids a slob!

x2

i couldn't agree more
Old 11-05-2009, 12:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

!2 yrd broadside was most likely a high hit. Deer might be dead, good chance it's not, not within a hundred yards anyways. If he hit the shoulder he hit it high and a g5 isn't the kind of head that slices, more like punches a hole, thus no blood.

Tell the guy to stand as far away from his target as he was from that deer and see were the arrow impacts. I missed a deer earlier this year and after doing the same thing I know why. Changed my sights and killed the next 2 who were also close.

You guys need either a good tracking dog or find someone who has one. Used my untrained hound dog on the last one, simply amazing. I pity the creature that thinks it can eluded that dog. Even with all kinds of critters to distract him, he was full speed ahead with only putting his nose down every so often. I already knew most of the story before getting him, just didn't know the last part. Dog did in five minutes what took me an hour.

A deer of that caliber isn't going down easily. Got a be some of the toughest animals on the planet at taking a hit and surviving.

Does sound like he could've put in a better effort.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Rob/PA Bowyer
It's a disgrace to give up on any deer without a reasonable search.

Very well said. Couldn't agree more Rob. There are a few "hunters" out there that don't realize the responsibilty they take when drawing a bow back on a live animal. This post is a classic example of a slob hunter.

Shane
Old 11-05-2009, 02:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

When i shot the young doe in the leg she bedded down and igot downto get closer to get a closer shot. She was to far and behind a tree so no shot from the stand. i got within 40 yards and moved around to get a side shot. She gets up runs away. I followed her but she just keep running. I figured If i keep going I would push her till she ran off and died from running with awhole in her leg. I knew i would not catch her.I stopped and felt bad about stopping so soon. But dam get down look at the arrow and give up. heck i missed one last week the arrow was clean i still walked the same trail to make sure. I saw the deer with no blood i knew i missed but i made sure. SOunds like the deer is dead and he should find it.If i where you and knew where he was i would find it myself.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

[quote=2 Lunger;3496291]
Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
disgraceful, show off the rack? leave it there fer a few weeks..plz tell me your kiddin..

deer dude..go and get that buck yourself, the dad will let ya, aint like your huntin..jus trackin..i kno in my heart the dad will say you can, if ya need a ride holla at me![/quote]

Good grief. Please quit posting when your stoned. Are you seriously going to drive from Tx. to IL. to give this guy a ride to find this deer?

IBTL : barmy: the ball and chain too
Old 11-05-2009, 03:16 PM
Fork Horn

There is no debate here. He shouldn't be allowed to hunt. If he refuses to go and find that deer and you know where he hunts go get that deer. I'd go with you if I could. The deer, and our reputation as hunters, deserve better.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hope you decided to go look for that deer. Let us know...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.