HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   WI - Nice buck shot, STOP!!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/309037-wi-nice-buck-shot-stop.html)

sportsman22 11-04-2009 03:35 PM

WI - Nice buck shot, STOP!!!

UPDATE:
Deer has been retrieved this morning. Shot in lower vitals at 41 yards. Tracked it for 3/4 of a mile. Waiting on the score.

------------------------
I am an IDIOT!

I get out to my stand around 12:45pm. Climb up, hoist bow, sit. 1 minute later the 9 pointer I've been going for all season walks broadside 40 yards. I haven't even had time to put on my release!! He walks and there is a clear shot 40 yards. I took it. I hit him right behind the shoulder a few inches from the bottom of the body. I got down, checked out the arrow, had blood and fur. I thought I might have been a bit low, so I headed the opposite direction of where the deer ran to my truck.

About a hour and a half later (I AM AN IDIOT!) I start tracking. There is A LOT of blood. But I tracked him for a good 3/4 mile. With a good trail where I left off.

Don't be an idiot like me. Wait more than a freaking hour and a half to start tracking. Its been a while where I was able to take a shot at a decent wall hanger (three years) and I got too anxious.

Now I may have lost this deer, but I am going out tomorrow morning to hopefully find it.

:bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::b ash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bas h:

bigwhitetailbuck 11-04-2009 03:40 PM

Did you end up jumping him? Good luck and dont give up looking for him

sportsman22 11-04-2009 03:42 PM

We didn't see him, but you could tell where the blood got thicker. I think it was a liver shot. Hopefully he will be down tonight so we can find him tomorrow.

fingerz42 11-04-2009 03:44 PM

I dont see how you didnt find the deer. Unless you hit him REALLY low, you should have blown out atleast one lung and mashed the heart.

fingerz42 11-04-2009 03:45 PM

If you hit him "right behind the shoulder" at "broadside", then you didnt touch the liver.

louddrummer69 11-04-2009 04:14 PM

If you put it where you said that would be a dead deer no question. I would plan on being out there tomorrow morning and searching for that buck. Unless you bumped him you should've kept tracking. I wouldn't stop if he is still dripping blood.

bigwhitetailbuck 11-04-2009 04:16 PM

Definetly sounds like you drilled the heart... He should be a dead deer

sportsman22 11-04-2009 04:19 PM

It baffled me too... but hopefully we'll find him tomorrow morning

solocamcan 11-04-2009 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by fingerz42 (Post 3495461)
If you hit him "right behind the shoulder" at "broadside", then you didnt touch the liver.

BINGO!!!!!:busted:

1shotkill1993 11-04-2009 04:34 PM

If you hit him like you said you did, then he is definately dead. I don't know how you didn't find him already.