Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
for you guys with climbers >

for you guys with climbers

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

for you guys with climbers

Old 11-05-2009, 11:16 AM
Fork Horn

I use a Summit 180 Max (larger stand for bigger guys), have done so for 6 years. They are good but can make some noise. I've searched around and have not found a better one yet that won't break they bank though.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:20 AM
Fork Horn

A Tree Saddle might be worth considering as well. I'm going to be getting the Lone Wolf Climbing Sticks for mine next year. I find it's much more versatile than a climber. The saddle certainly isn't for everyone, but it's worth considering.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:12 PM
Fork Horn

I've hunted out of an API Bowhunter for 10+ years and have no complaints about it. However, If I were in the market for a new climber I'd check out Lone Wolf.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:23 PM
Fork Horn

summit viper
Old 11-05-2009, 03:51 PM
Typical Buck

Take a look at the equalizer.
You will see the difference!
Old 11-05-2009, 04:39 PM
Fork Horn

I have 5 climbers and they are great for bowhunting and gunhunting.I hunt on a hunting club but I do not want them stolen so i put them up and take them down.The best brand of climber in my opinion is a summit.I have a summit viper classic and it is the best stand for the money .I only paid $150 for mine at academy sports and outdoors.Check them out.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:31 PM
Typical Buck

I've hunted out of (and swore by) a tree lounge for years. BUT this season I switched to a Summit Viper. I haven't taken the lounge into the woods all season and I don't regret it. Now don't get me wrong! I love the lounge but it just doesn't cut it for bow hunting. The viper however is a bowhunters dream. Large sturdy platform. Quiet. Light. Now my lounge is used for rifle hunting only. If I were buying an all around stand and I knew I would be using it for bow hunting the Viper would be the way to go.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:46 PM
Fork Horn

i have an API grand slam it has a gun rest that can be moved down for bow hunting and also used as a foot rest. its my second one (1st one got stolen) i love the chain link strapping system.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love my Summit backpacker. Not a problem sitting in it all day.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:49 PM
Dominant Buck

Buy the old style Loggy, hands down. It's a one piece stand and very light. It also allows you to hook your back pack, which is a must have in hunting, to it while walking through the woods. People on here are steering you to a two piece system. The Loggy is a one piece system that hooks on your feet and you hug the tree to shimmy up it like when you were a kid. Very easy for even this old man. Persanlly, I feel safer when I can hold on to what I'm climbing. Never liked the two piece system.

Don't buy this one. Look at the very last picture and notice the two feet/prongs that go against the tree. They make the stand unstable when climbing the tree. However, the strp that holds it against the tree I prefer because it's quicker than the "J" hook.
http://cgi.ebay.com/LOGGY-BAYOU-TREE...item1c0d9b1fc4

On this stand, they show the climbing aid. Buy it, keep it, never use it unless your injurged or that much out of shape. If your that much out of shape, you should stay on the ground. Look at the grip around the tree where the prongs were. It's an entire grip and very stable climbing. The "J" hook has been replaced with a strap and clamp and IMO is better than the "J" hook. I still wouldn't shy away. I took my "J" hook model today because it's so fricking light. I'm taking my other stand on Monday becasue it has a big chusion and I'm doing a full day on the stand if the big boy doesn't show up in the morning.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Loggy-Bayou-Clim...item19b77f52d7

Bottom line, I have come to hunt with a group of friends through the love of hunting. One guy is a complete nut, another was the first to take me under his wing when it came to hunting. Prior to us hooking up, we each purchased our stands totally seperate. All of us hunt the loogy because of it's size, comfort and quiet use. I swear by this stand and will tell you, if you buy one from ebay with the above recomendations and don't like it, I will buy it from you (I only need to approve of the price ahead of you buying it). I need another one because I have one for me, one for my son (12 years old and that's the only stand I trust for him) but I need another one up north because I fly up there now to hunt and a stand doesn't travel well on the airlines.

Good luck on your pick.

Last edited by Fieldmouse; 11-05-2009 at 08:51 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.