Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Central Illinois Hunters >

Central Illinois Hunters

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Central Illinois Hunters

Old 11-04-2009, 10:33 AM
Fork Horn

Default Central Illinois Hunters

Being in college, I can only hunt the weekends. Every Thursday, I become very anxious and excited to go home after class on Friday. I am really excited for this coming weekend, BUT.....I see that the temperature is going to be in the upper 60's (67 Saturday and 68 Sunday). I am planning on sitting all day Saturday and Sunday I will be out just long enough to make it to church and back.
I know that the rut is starting to heat up, but will these warmer temperatures keep the bucks off their feet?
Old 11-04-2009, 11:18 AM
Fork Horn

I hope they will be moving. This weekend will be my first time out this year. actually first time out in a few years. i saw the weather this morning and started to get worried about the temps. where about do you hunt? Im in the galesburg area in knox county
Old 11-04-2009, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator

It might concentrate the movement more in the mornings and evenings. I'll be interested to hear if you see much mid-day activity.

I'm just glad that more rain isn't in the immediate forecast.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:18 PM
Fork Horn

Tremolo, I live in Teutopolis, it is 3 miles east of Effingham in Effingham County. So to you I would be considered Southern Illinois.

I will let you know Christine. If there isn't much movement midday Saturday it will be tough to sit it out Sunday that is for sure.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:42 PM
Fork Horn

what college are you at?im at eastern...
Old 11-04-2009, 01:53 PM
Fork Horn

I am in Springfield, playing baseball for Lincoln Land Community College.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've sat all day the last 4 days, and haven't seem much (pronounced 0) midday activity. Today I sat all day, only activity was at first light and last light. The problem this week has been that spotlight of a full moon. This weekend the rut should finally get going, which usually means all bets are off in terms of movement. The temps are not what I was hoping for either, but we'll see what happens.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:57 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Sport4
Tremolo, I live in Teutopolis, it is 3 miles east of Effingham in Effingham County. So to you I would be considered Southern Illinois.

I will let you know Christine. If there isn't much movement midday Saturday it will be tough to sit it out Sunday that is for sure.

WOODEN SHOES SUCK!!! Haha! I'm from Paris, man.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:10 PM
Fork Horn

Ha, you tiger!!!
Old 11-04-2009, 07:54 PM
Fork Horn

I was dating a girl from T-Town

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.