Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Any moon phase junkies on here??? >

Any moon phase junkies on here???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Any moon phase junkies on here???

Old 11-01-2009, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Any moon phase junkies on here???

Ok, tomorrow is the "rutting moon"....I've never noticed a difference in deer activity during a Nov. full moon. But I am going to hunt tomorrow based on the times you guys that believe in the moon say are best....so what will the best times be tomorrow????
Old 11-01-2009, 07:02 PM
Typical Buck

12 noon......... Full moon at night, the deer are most active around midnight.......... I would be on stand by 11am.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Between six guys hunting today all deer where seen driving to the woods and after that it was between the hours of 9am and 3pm. Nothing before or after that in the stand.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok....I am thinking getting to my spot 30-45 min after daylight to avoid busting them out of the fields and hunting all day...sound good? Or just go in 30 min before shooting time?
Old 11-02-2009, 03:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Forget the moon. If I still had a buck to kill I'd be in those woods before first light and I wouldn't leave until dark! Sit ALL day (bring food), trust me.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:13 AM
Typical Buck

10-2 seem to be the popular belief of the best time to hunt the full moon. Be safe and make a day of it!! Any time of day can be primetime now.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I tend to take a little different approach to the moon. I have always believed that if the moon is in the air, then deer will be on their feet. However, the full moon changes everything.

According to the moon chart (http://aa.usno.navy.mil/cgi-bin/aa_rstablew.pl) the moon should be rising here in Illiinois tomorrow around 4:30pm and setting just after 6am. This would lead me to believe that morning hunts would not be all that hot (however, this time of year all bets are off), which is exactly what I seen this weekend.

I hunted Friday, got to stand about 1.5 hours before light and hunted til 11am and then climbed back in around 3pm and hunted till dark. Never seen a deer until around 4:45pm.

Saturday, I hunted all day, getting to stand again about 1.5 hours before light. Never seen a deer till around 12:30pm and the action was pretty good until around 2pm. It picked back up around 4:30.

Sunday, I hunted all day again, getting to stand again about 1.5 hours before light. Never seen a deer til around 2pm and the action was pretty steady until dark.

There is my 2 cents, don't know if it was any help or not.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

well i hunted this morning nothing not a sound or even a doe. I saw one squrrial though if he would have stopped for 5 seconds i would be cooking him for lunch. Guess i should have waited alittle. I figured they would move more in the high moon with alot of light.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would say hunt all day.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know nothing about the moon phases and I seriously doubt that anyone else can predict what time during these phases that deer will be moving. But I can tell you one thing, it's now November and the bucks do a "certain thing" in the northeast during this month, it's called "the rut" and I can guarantee you if you sit long enough you'll definately see something moving no matter what phase the moon is in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.