Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
**UPDATE** wounded deer controversy >

**UPDATE** wounded deer controversy

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

**UPDATE** wounded deer controversy

Old 11-02-2009, 07:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

I wouldlike to see the orginal post. No need to have deleted it. Rob can you pull it up for us. as for Ny bowhunter. Did you leave yet. Seems you might want to soon before we start in on you. If you do not like this forum why are you here. 10k post mmm seems to me you like the place.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

as for Ny bowhunter. Did you leave yet. Seems you might want to soon before we start in on you.
LMFAO!! I'm sure you can imagine how petrified I am.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigtim6656
Come on guys. Maybe i will be alone but we all make mistakes. I had a similar issue i shot a young doe in the leg she went 10 yards and bedded down. I kne she would not die. I got downstarted toward her i though walk out and forget about her. I did not i moved around for a clean kill shot when she gets up and runs off.
For some on here things are cut and dry. If you go off alittle they will bite your head off. But i think they need to let up alittle. If we make mistaked and do not talkabout it we never learn. But i think you know what you should have done. SOme of us can shot a deer 30 yards with a bow but for some walking up and sticking a knife in there rib cage is to much. It got to me it was the first time ihave regreted hunting. But i was ready to deal with it. DO not quick you made a mistake and know you did. You new and now one should expect you to be a seasoned hunter right off.
Also to the rest of you shut the **** up and let up on him alittle. A real man can tell someone there wrong without telling them there a girlyman
Really? If the guy didnt know to put down a paralyzed, wounded deer, he shouldn't have been hunting in the first place, nuff said.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

You don't see me going back to delete or change my original post. Why would you support this guy. This is not an issue of knowledge, its an issue of morals and ethics. Either you have them or you don't. And it appears the original poster is a few cards short of a full deck.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:47 AM
Fork Horn

Seeing this made me think, why arent they teaching this type of thing, to put the animal down as quickly and humanely as possible in the hunter safety classes, or are they? (i cant remember hehe) Anyways I dont think you should have to ask a question about something like that, you should have the knowledge for such a situation.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

The only show that I have seen try to encourage a second or follow up archery shot if possible is Mark and Terry Drury's shows. I don't remember the exact program (they have like a half dozen shows). But really, does someone need to be taught this? Come on man.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Burlyman...I'm not going jump on you....thats already been done enough. I think you get the point. But I HIGHLY recommend that you tag along with more experienced hunters for awhile, it will prove valuable for your future hunting situations. Go buy a few magazines, deer videos etc etc....read and watch, you can learn a few good things that way as well.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

I am not supporting him i think we could just be alittle better about how we say what we say. Maybe he knew and did not want to maybe he did not know better off saying hey you messed up instead of you dumb son of a ***** and he leaves never to learn another thing and stops hunting
Old 11-02-2009, 11:23 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by solocamcan
Burlyman...I'm not going jump on you....thats already been done enough. I think you get the point. But I HIGHLY recommend that you tag along with more experienced hunters for awhile, it will prove valuable for your future hunting situations. Go buy a few magazines, deer videos etc etc....read and watch, you can learn a few good things that way as well.

AND ladies and gentlemen.. THATS how you do it..

thank you sir. finally some good advice
Old 11-02-2009, 11:44 AM
Typical Buck

I havent read the story but it sounds like you spine shot a deer. Happened to me two weekends ago. dropped her hind end in its tracks but she continued to try and leave with her front legs. Had to walk to my pack and get my knife then slit her throat. It no different than using an arrow really. Either way you are cutting to kill.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.