Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
**UPDATE** wounded deer controversy >

**UPDATE** wounded deer controversy

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

**UPDATE** wounded deer controversy

Old 11-02-2009, 03:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

i dont know why asking advice on a forum resulted in such hate. i didnt realize that everyone was an expert right away. in the future..please explain and educate rather than yell and talk down to. thanks
I don't see any HATE in anyone's reply, BUT if you're old enough to hunt it is hard for anyone to beleive that you don't have knowledge enough to know when you've hit a deer, but not with a lethal hit, you gotta hit it again if given the opportunity. What is there to explain? A non-lethal hit needs another hit, should be common knowledge. Obviously not, BUT now you know and won't do it again!
Old 11-02-2009, 05:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

I don't post here much anymore since ... well the site went down the tubes (IMO)> But I felt obligated to login to let you know you are a freaking idiot. Do us a favor and sell your hunting equipment and never step foot in the woods again!
Old 11-02-2009, 06:33 AM
Dominant Buck

I say hunt again. Screw everyone else jumping down your throat. Hunting is an on going learning task. Everyone makes mistakes. I didn't read your first post from the other thread but who's to say he wouldn't have bled out the night. The advice on the board is to leave them alone overnight on a bad shot.

Good luck next time out. If there is ever a chance we could hook up and hunt, I'ld be glad to take you out!
Old 11-02-2009, 06:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

who's to say he wouldn't have bled out the night. The advice on the board is to leave them alone overnight on a bad shot.
You seriously don't see the difference in leaving one overnight on a bad shot and this situation?
Old 11-02-2009, 06:45 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by NY Bowhunter
You seriously don't see the difference in leaving one overnight on a bad shot and this situation?
He's changed the first post so no, I didn't get to read the original question. I'm not going to jump all over this guy for a mistake. It's the samething if someone makes a bad shot and then goes after a deer too early and ends up pushing it to an end result of no recovery at all. I haven't read vtoo many posts that tell someone to sell all their equipment and never hunt again, do you?

Give the guy a break. He's young and he's learning. Secondly, to say the deer was actually suffering is also an assumption. Deer go into shock like you and I where the body shuts down. Who's to say the deer wasn't in shock? Who's to say he really knew what was going on?
Old 11-02-2009, 06:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

It's the samething if someone makes a bad shot and then goes after a deer too early and ends up pushing it to an end result of no recovery at all.
Not even remotely close.

Secondly, to say the deer was actually suffering is also an assumption.
Shot in the spine dragging it's paralyzed back half of it's body trying to crawl away? You're right.... the deer was probably just fine.

whatever I'm out of here.... this place creeps me out.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:56 AM
Dominant Buck

Quote:
Secondly, to say the deer was actually suffering is also an assumption.
Shot in the spine dragging it's paralyzed back half of it's body trying to crawl away? You're right.... the deer was probably just fine.

whatever I'm out of here.... this place creeps me out.
See ya, don't let the door smack you where the good lord split ya.

Go back and read what I posted, never saw the original post and now that you have reposted some of it, I've seen this situtation happen before to a new hunter. Not an uncommon thing to happen to a first year hunter. Like I said everyone makes a mistake. I'm not going to throw this guy under the bus.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

See ya, don't let the door smack you where the good lord split ya.
Actually now that I see you're going to be a smart ass I think I'll stick around to annoy you.

I've seen this situtation happen before to a new hunter. Not an uncommon thing to happen to a first year hunter.
It's not uncommon to shoot a deer, see it laying there dragging it's paralyzed body around and get up, leave, get on the internet and not go back to finish it? My 6 year old would know what to do.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Come on guys. Maybe i will be alone but we all make mistakes. I had a similar issue i shot a young doe in the leg she went 10 yards and bedded down. I kne she would not die. I got downstarted toward her i though walk out and forget about her. I did not i moved around for a clean kill shot when she gets up and runs off.
For some on here things are cut and dry. If you go off alittle they will bite your head off. But i think they need to let up alittle. If we make mistaked and do not talkabout it we never learn. But i think you know what you should have done. SOme of us can shot a deer 30 yards with a bow but for some walking up and sticking a knife in there rib cage is to much. It got to me it was the first time ihave regreted hunting. But i was ready to deal with it. DO not quick you made a mistake and know you did. You new and now one should expect you to be a seasoned hunter right off.
Also to the rest of you shut the **** up and let up on him alittle. A real man can tell someone there wrong without telling them there a girlyman
Old 11-02-2009, 07:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

I would say it has went uphill since you left why did you come back. Get lost don't think none of us knew you left. Leave the guy alone and jump out of your treestand holding a arrow to your chest.
Originally Posted by NY Bowhunter
I don't post here much anymore since ... well the site went down the tubes (IMO)> But I felt obligated to login to let you know you are a freaking idiot. Do us a favor and sell your hunting equipment and never step foot in the woods again!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.